Let's Talk About.. Derek Carr

RandyMossIsBoss

23 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

King of check downs. 

Are you serious?

You say this as a Goff fan...

Goff: 1st in yards per attempt....second last in average target of depth. And he's right at the bottom of the 'average intended air yards' char. This is the checkdown godlike stat.

Come on, at least make it SEEM like you watch football.

• Like 4

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Are you serious?

You say this as a Goff fan...

Goff: 1st in yards per attempt....second last in average target of depth. And he's right at the bottom of the 'average intended air yards' char. This is the checkdown godlike stat.

Come on, at least make it SEEM like you watch football.

Give me a kiss baby. First of all. Goffs taking what the defense is giving him this year. He’s been a gun slinger and has proven to do so. Carr has been a check down machine his whole

life. Again. Put them claws back. 

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Give me a kiss baby. First of all. Goffs taking what the defense is giving him this year. He’s been a gun slinger and has proven to do so. Carr has been a check down machine his whole

life. Again. Put them claws back. 

3 notifications AND a personal message. Triggered.

Address the point I made, don't just fall back on your pathetic verbal diarrhoea. 

Why have you called Carr the checkdown king when your own QB is at the very top of all check-down stats? And don't PM me, I won't read it.

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

3 notifications AND a personal message. Triggered.

Address the point I made, don't just fall back on your pathetic verbal diarrhoea. 

Why have you called Carr the checkdown king when your own QB is at the very top of all check-down stats? And don't PM me, I won't read it.

Lol. Bro where was Goff last year and the year before that? Answer me that. And lol. It was actually very insightful you’re just scared to death. Get at me. And the rams offense has changed. No longer allowing long developing routes. It was to combat the 6-1 fronts. So try again. Baby boy. But this isn’t a Goff thread so don’t derail it please. Carr has been a check down monster for a mad while. Not to mention we’ve played some really good fronts, while the oline has improved. It’s still shakey. So what better way to tire a pass rush then to have quick passes. And it’s working. 

Edited by El Ramster

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Lol. Bro where was Goff last year and the year before that? Answer me that.

We're discussing this year. Did you not read the OP?

And lol. It was actually very insightful you’re just scared to death. Get at me. And the rams offense has changed. No longer allowing long reveling routes. It was to combat the 6-1 fronts. So try again. Baby boy. But this isn’t a Goff thread so don’t derail it please. Carr has been a check down monster for a mad while. 

I definitely think Youtube comments would be more your scene. That's full of 14 year olds who also don't watch the games. You could spout your crap there :)

If Carr is the checkdown king of this year, why is he not at the bottom of stats like the ones I've mentioned above?

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

We're discussing this year. Did you not read the OP?

I definitely think Youtube comments would be more your scene. That's full of 14 year olds who also don't watch the games. You could spout your crap there :)

You know there’s an ignore feature. If you’re going for personal attacks you could just Dm. I can entertain you. But don’t spew that none sense. Hit ignore and enjoy your day. It’s obvious your hurt. 

It is true Carr has thrown quick, short passes predominantly and checkdowns a lot these last couple years. However, you have to ask if it is prudent to throw deep and contested passes to the likes of 34yr old Jordy Nelson, Marcell Ateman, Keelan Doss, Ryan Grant Seth Roberts and Zay Jones?

Last year our WR core pre season was supposed to be Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams and Ryan Grant, after 5 weeks we were without all these guys and Hunter Renfrow was our best receiver as a 5th round rookie. Carr made lemonade with lemons last year. With better options we are seeing and have seen he will let it fly more and the results are much more palatable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I did mention without Ruggs

We were without our top 3 WR after traveling across country on a short week for an early game against probably the best secondary and defensive mind in the league. You guys definitely limited Carr but I think that because we were missing our top 3 WR and two best OL the game plan was to try and get the ball out quickly. And even though Carr didn't have the greatest game we still moved the ball up and down the field all game. We just left a ton of points on the board with Jacobs fumble in the red zone, settling for 3 after Abram's interception, missing the FG to start the half, and settling for 3 on our long drive to open the 4th quarter.

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It is true Carr has thrown quick, short passes predominantly and checkdowns a lot these last couple years. However, you have to ask if it is prudent to throw deep and contested passes to the likes of 34yr old Jordy Nelson, Marcell Ateman, Keelan Doss, Ryan Grant Seth Roberts and Zay Jones?

The crazy thing is that Carr had a career high in yards and y/a in 2018, set another career high in yards and y/a in 2019, and is on pace to set another career high in both categories this season. In 2016 when he was considered an MVP level QB his y/a was 7.0 while it was 7.3 in 2018, 7.9 in 2019, and 8.2 in 2020. Even when we had Cooper and Crabtree neither of those guys were an elite deep threat WR. Ruggs has as many 45+ yard receptions in 6 healthy quarters as Cooper had in 2016 and 2017 combined. 

Edited by NYRaider