Let's Talk About.. Derek Carr

RandyMossIsBoss

13 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Carr reminds me of Tannehill, you put him in the right system with the right supporting cast he has the ability to excel.

The thing with Carr is that he has very rarely had talent around him. In 2015/2016 we had some pieces around him and in those two years he was 19-12 while throwing for 7,950 yards and 60 TD. The last two seasons we've had a revolving door at WR and he has still thrown for 8,100 yards and 40 TD while completing nearly 70% of his passes. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, BayRaider said:

Carr would be a steal at 20M if Mayock didn’t keep signing horrendous Free Agents like WR Tyrell Williams, NCB LaMarcus Joyner (worst NCB in the league), OT Trent Brown (best RT in the league when he plays, but he’s injured soooo often), LB Cory Littleton (very below average, putting it mildly...), and DT Maliek Collins (horrible, horrible). 

The only good FA he has signed is LB Nick Kwiatkowski who has been absolutely tremendous for us. 

Mayock, tremendous draft artist and thankful to have him, no idea what he’s doing in Free Agency though lol. 

Williams was lights out before he got hurt and as you said TB is one of the best RT in the league, Mayock has no control over injuries, and of course you leave out Agholor, Incognito, Devontae Booker

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Williams was lights out before he got hurt and as you said TB is one of the best RT in the league, Mayock has no control over injuries, and of course you leave out Agholor, Incognito, Devontae Booker

The problem is Brown is always hurt. Honestly don’t want him to return in 2021 because you are gonna get 12 games MAX a year, and this is the story of his career outside of one season. 

Yes he has hit on smaller FA’s that are one year signings, so I’ll admit that, but he’s horrendous with big signings. 

Edited by BayRaider

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 3:07 PM, Geezy said:

Gave you a football so you'd have 1000. 

I disagree a bit with this, in certain contexts. 

Agholor and Booker were end of roster signings that panned out great so far. 

Williams was never #1 level lights out though. It was a bad value signing.

As for Brown, he's lazy and it's catching up with him. Reports can paint the prettiest picture of hin they want, he did more robbery to this team than Sam Bradford anywhere after St. Louis. I can't believe there's nothing in his history that jumped out at Mayock about "the best T in the league" being made expendable immediately following a Superbowl. If he did know something, it was a bad gamble. If he didn't, he's not that good at his job.

Either way, the bad FA signings are perfectly open to scrutiny at this point. A lot of wasted money and draft capital so far under Mike. And while the good has been good, the bad has been so objectively questionable that there are a few around these parts that have been nailing it time and time again like savants.

I think Carr' play has been very good this year. He has done a lot of things that we haven't seen him do even in the 2016 season. He's a big reason if not the main reason why the Raiders are where they're. I think the criticism the past two years were warranted. Cause he wasn't playing to the level as we see he could play at. 2020 he made some changes to his game and is being more aggressive downfield more willingly to run with the ball and this past Sunday saw him extend the play and throw a beautiful ball downfield. 

Carr has a huge opportunity on SNF in a week with a national audience to show case his talents to the masses that haven't see him play this year. 

He will never be the best QB in the NFL. His talents are not there for that to happen, but Grudens system fits what he does really well and if things are going good it allow Carr to get into a rhythm and once that happens Carr will start to pick you apart. When you see Carr have issues is when he can't get into that rhythm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raves said:

I've constantly said in the Saints forum that if we were to move on from Brees that I would want to try and get Carr as his replacement.  I think in a better environment he could even look MVP caliber consistently.

I think Carr would fit like a glove in that New Orleans system, never thought of that fit before but it's perfect.

Hopefully he'll continue to play really well for us though and you won't get that option! 😀😀

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think Carr would fit like a glove in that New Orleans system, never thought of that fit before but it's perfect.

Hopefully he'll continue to play really well for us though and you won't get that option! 😀😀

C'mon, wouldn't you love to see him dominate the NFC for years to come and become a Super Bowl champ?

• Like 1