Week whatever: Two birds, One game {Eagles vs Ravens GDT}

Kiltman

We absolutely could win 6-8 games and win division, but do we want that? I get the allure of "any given sunday" and the 2007 & 11 Giants runs, but man... we already have played that game in 2018 and 2019 and the result is a roster devoid of young talent (bad drafting is bad drafting, but it couldn't be worse if we were picking 5+ spots higher... right?) Not to mention, our staff, FO and roster need to get the message loud and clear that we are not good. Sneaking into playoffs off of what amounts to sheer luck (being in awful division) seems to send message we just had a rough start, but "figured things out" and will be fine going forward. Literally happened 2 years in a row already, and both times nothing was figured out. Making the playoffs will set this team back, and I don't want to take that gamble on the 1/50 chance we go all the way on a miracle run. 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We absolutely could win 6-8 games and win division, but do we want that? I get the allure of "any given sunday" and the 2007 & 11 Giants runs, but man... we already have played that game in 2018 and 2019 and the result is a roster devoid of young talent (bad drafting is bad drafting, but it couldn't be worse if we were picking 5+ spots higher... right?) Not to mention, our staff, FO and roster need to get the message loud and clear that we are not good. Sneaking into playoffs off of what amounts to sheer luck (being in awful division) seems to send message we just had a rough start, but "figured things out" and will be fine going forward. Literally happened 2 years in a row already, and both times nothing was figured out. Making the playoffs will set this team back, and I don't want to take that gamble on the 1/50 chance we go all the way on a miracle run. 

Let's start with just winning a 2nd game....

Don't forget a much healthier Eagles lost to Washington......

4 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

honestly i know it is easy to **** on the eagles right now and it's almost entirely deserved, but I can't help but feel that they will be a much different team in the second half of the season when players start getting healthy. With the division as bad as it is I would unironically not be surprised if the eagles get in the playoffs with like 6-9 wins and actually beats a team

After watching the last quarter and change, I agree with this. This team has had chances to win all of these games late. Blew a 17 point lead to WSH, tied CIN with obvious chances to win, had chances to beat PIT late, and now today with multiple windows of opportunity. Only time I feel we were thoroughly outplayed and beat was vs LAR. And even then, there were multiple self inflicted wounds. If like 6 or 7 select plays go the Eagles way, they're a 4-2 or a 5-1 football team. We're better than 1-4-1. That's my take away from this game. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

idk man it's hard to make playoffs generally. i want every chance possible. 1/50 of a chance is better than zero. id rather have a shot at a superbowl than just watch a team lose just for a shot at a good player in the draft

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Dillard 

Peters 

Seumalo 

Brooks

Pryor

Lane

Alshon

DeSean

Reagor

Goedert

Ertz

Sanders

Its absolutely mindboggling we are scoring anything on Offense TBH.  Let alone 30 pts a gm vs Pittsburgh/ Baltimore . Just saying.

It kinda helps that the Ravens kept shooting themselves in the foot. And the Refs gifted 50 yards at the end of the game. 

But what I find funny; our two teams are decimated with injuries yet neither of our fan bases even consider the possibility of the Giants/WFT winning the division. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We absolutely could win 6-8 games and win division, but do we want that?

oh boy.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

idk man it's hard to make playoffs generally. i want every chance possible. 1/50 of a chance is better than zero. id rather have a shot at a superbowl than just watch a team lose just for a shot at a good player in the draft

This. I’ll make the playoffs every year over not. Draft picks are crap shoots. Just keep piling up the years of playoffs over the cowboys. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

This. I’ll make the playoffs every year over not. Draft picks are crap shoots. Just keep piling up the years of playoffs over the cowboys. 

plus imagine how legendary the eagles would be to win a superbowl with a backup qb and then win a superbowl after entering the playoffs with 5 wins lmao. i would brag about that all day every day