Week whatever: Two birds, One game {Eagles vs Ravens GDT}

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think some youngerish  fans are really spoiled on the Eagles. We’ve had a good 20 year run of being mostly competitive or good throughout. That’s some of this forums complete adult fandom. Not saying you are but I think a little perspective is needed. IMO you always cheer for the playoffs. We have had like a top 4-5 winning percentage in this century. It’s easy to just expect to be 8-8 or better every year. But when you start looking across the table and see the WFT, Lions, Raiders, Browns, Jags, Bills, etc. you realize that it’s entirely possible to be terrible for 20 years as well. We should consider ourselves fortunate that we have had a good football team that usually has a decent shot at the playoffs year in and out for the passed two decades. Not hope for a collapse just because we want a new regime that may or may not bring on a possible 20 years of obscurity. It’s like cheering against a president you don’t like. Their success is our success and the next guy is not guaranteed to be any better. I don’t love the FO/coaches right now but when you think about the possible alternative, you have to just cheer for a win. Every week. 

tldr; We’re fortunate to have a competitive team. I’d rather not cheer for a demise. It could be the start of a terrible drought. 

Think a lot of this has to do with ownership though, and we are fortunate enough to have a very good owner. Teams that have been bad forever are usually terribly mismanaged, I sincerely doubt that happens here. ya we might string together some bad seasons, but I doubt we will ever reach the pits that teams like the Lions, Jags, and Browns have.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think some youngerish  fans are really spoiled on the Eagles. We’ve had a good 20 year run of being mostly competitive or good throughout. That’s some of this forums complete adult fandom. Not saying you are but I think a little perspective is needed. IMO you always cheer for the playoffs. We have had like a top 4-5 winning percentage in this century. It’s easy to just expect to be 8-8 or better every year. But when you start looking across the table and see the WFT, Lions, Raiders, Browns, Jags, Bills, etc. you realize that it’s entirely possible to be terrible for 20 years as well. We should consider ourselves fortunate that we have had a good football team that usually has a decent shot at the playoffs year in and out for the passed two decades. Not hope for a collapse just because we want a new regime that may or may not bring on a possible 20 years of obscurity. It’s like cheering against a president you don’t like. Their success is our success and the next guy is not guaranteed to be any better. I don’t love the FO/coaches right now but when you think about the possible alternative, you have to just cheer for a win. Every week. 

tldr; We’re fortunate to have a competitive team. I’d rather not cheer for a demise. It could be the start of a terrible drought. 

That's true, and yes I'm in my 20s so my first Eagles memories are NFCC games and the worst I've experienced is... 2011-2012? Which is obviously nothing compared to what half of fan bases, if not most, have lived through in last 20+ years.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Carson has played better the last two weeks but I know we all thought the Jalen Hurts gimmick plays would be dumb but he were are and those are our most fun plays 6 weeks in. 

He has exceeded my expectations in terms of his shiftiness and speed. Was on full display today. I knew he was an athletic QB but he looks only a step below Lamar as an athlete.