Week whatever: Two birds, One game {Eagles vs Ravens GDT}

Kiltman

Surprised Mailata was pegged as OT rather than NT. Certainly a less technical position to play and learn than offensive tackle? Would be better use of his raw power and size with less learning curve. I guess it’s probably too hard getting good pad level at 6’8 to be effective space eater.

Trust him in Stoutland’s hands so we definitely could have something nice here. Looks like the raw project with no football experience that he is at times, but has equally flashed LT of the future level snaps.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Surprised Mailata was pegged as OT rather than NT

You dont find guys his size with that type of athleticism. I'm sure when they saw his Rugby YouTube Videos they were envisioning Jason Peters 2.0. A player who went from TE to LT and future HOF.

What I don't think they took into account fully is the fact unlike Mailata,  Jason "grew up" and at least had some sort of familiarity with offenses,  terminology and techniques even as a TE.

Whether Mailata makes it or not time will tell but I am glad we didn't give up on this project to early like we did with Alejandro Villaneuva. Starting LT for the Steelers the past 6 years straight and 2x Pro Bowler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Whether Mailata makes it or not time will tell but I am glad we didn't give up on this project to early like we did with Alejandro Villaneuva. Starting LT for the Steelers the past 6 years straight and 2x Pro Bowler.

One of the better LTs in the NFL over the last 6 years and this organization decided to try him at DE. Amazing. 

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

JuJu’s contract is up and they likely aren’t resigning him because of Claypool, Dionte Johnson etc.Ertz being hurt and the Eagles terrible cap situation likely is why this won’t go down 

Why would they want Ertz? Can’t block, so essentially you’re just downgrading from JuJu to Ertz to do the dirty work inside. Not to mention Steelers offense thrives on high probability completions and YAC.

Trading JuJu, who you likely aren’t re-signing, is smart I agree, w/ all the emerging WR talent... but I think they can do better than a declining TE who you’ll get for half a season after an injury and then pay $8.5M in 2021.

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why would they want Ertz? Can’t block, so essentially you’re just downgrading from JuJu to Ertz to do the dirty work inside. Not to mention Steelers offense thrives on high probability completions and YAC.

Trading JuJu, who you likely aren’t re-signing, is smart I agree, w/ all the emerging WR talent... but I think they can do better than a declining TE who you’ll get for half a season after an injury and then pay $8.5M in 2021.

Stop putting holes in my dreams with logic!!!