The ACC Thread

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's why I was all in on team Fleck a few years ago. I even sent one of my best players to play for him at WMU back in the 2015-2016 window.

I don't blame you for a second. You said it perfectly, the level of vulnerability to speak about that publicly is really off the charts, especially nearly a decade ago when miscarriages and pregnancy issues were way more taboo than they are now. How big a cynic would you have to be to call the guy doing that a narcissist?

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Since then, he has gotten a divorce (which who knows why/what and it may not be his fault or anything, I'm just saying that his family priorities and dynamics at some point changed), taken over at Minnesota (I don't blame him for that either), and clearly the shift has more been on himself/his career, etc.

Yeah I don't judge him for getting divorced. Things happen and marriages are messy. 

And by the way props for WMU for giving him the rights to it. I'm sure they had ironclad IP contracts that said anything he developed on the job, for the job was theirs.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't blame you for a second. You said it perfectly, the level of vulnerability to speak about that publicly is really off the charts, especially nearly a decade ago when miscarriages and pregnancy issues were way more taboo than they are now. How big a cynic would you have to be to call the guy doing that a narcissist?

Exactly

Yeah I don't judge him for getting divorced. Things happen and marriages are messy. 

No doubt about it, and I can only imagine how messy/complicated things get with the loss of a child and how that changes everything/could change everything.

And by the way props for WMU for giving him the rights to it. I'm sure they had ironclad IP contracts that said anything he developed on the job, for the job was theirs.

100%

WMU will always have my respect for that. They did the right thing by letting him have it, since he brought it there, albeit they 100% had the rights to it if they wanted it. Like you said, intellectual property exists and is a thing, even on my job. They can take all 11+ years of everything I've created...lessons, football stuff, whatever they want.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

O/U 7 wins for the Coastal representative in the title game? I'd probably lean over, just barely.

VT is at three total now with a 2 game advantage over UNC, so that's nice. That said, VT needs to beat Pitt, BC, a surprising GT team, Syracuse, Duke, Miami, and UVA. I am confident in only ... 2 of those games. You might be right. 

Pitt and Duke are also 3-1, but neither have an ACC game under their belt. Miami could bounce back at 2-2 with no ACC games yet. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

VT is at three total now with a 2 game advantage over UNC, so that's nice. That said, VT needs to beat Pitt, BC, a surprising GT team, Syracuse, Duke, Miami, and UVA. I am confident in only ... 2 of those games. You might be right. 

Pitt and Duke are also 3-1, but neither have an ACC game under their belt. Miami could bounce back at 2-2 with no ACC games yet. 

8-4 is damn near guaranteed to be the absolute best record for whoever wins the division. I'm really pulling for 7-5 though. 

• 3 months later...

So how does the ACC look for 2022?

Pitt loses Pickett but replaces him with Slovis.
Clemson had a down year and lost their two biggest coordinators.
Virginia Tech is in the beginning of a rebuild. 
Miami has a new coach with a promising QB.
UVA is resetting with a new coach. Is Brennan Armstrong back?
UNC had a strong recruiting class, but a disappointing 2021 and lost their QB. 
Can Wake build on their strong 2021? 
When will Florida State bounce back?
NC State has a lot returning. Is it enough?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Currently ND plays Stanford every year, with games at home in early October and on the road on Thanksgiving weekend.

However, ND doesn't currently play any current ACC member on an annual basis. I imagine they will make an exception for Stanford, because then ND can rotate among the other 16 ACC football schools on an 8-year schedule (playing each school once home and road during this time). The math makes perfect sense.