Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man, so you're saying the NFL has the BEST officiating of the 3 major US sports leagues? that's a hard sell lol

They have the hardest job by far and I'm not saying they are good.

MLB umps should all be fired and replaced with the tracker. Its far better than they are.

They also think the sport is about them.

They are Supreme Court Justices interpreting the strike zone at their own whim.

NBA charge/block is the same call at random. If LeBron them call it on the other team is part of the actual rule.

• Like 1

Just now, Troy Brown said:

No, not just talking about replay, but that was one of the issues being discussed. 

Yes, I agree MLB is the easiest and they still make mistakes, but I think the NFL blows more impactful calls/calls things differently in "bigger" spots, etc. 

Yeah, I can get behind that. They do blow some calls in the big moments more, but I think that has more to do with the rules and how many big moments there are in football.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I can get behind that. They do blow some calls in the big moments more, but I think that has more to do with the rules and how many big moments there are in football.

for the record, I don't think any of the major sports have "good" officiating, but again, just think the NFL's officials are the biggest wildcard in most games 

Just now, SkippyX said:

They have the hardest job by far and I'm not saying they are good.

MLB umps should all be fired and replaced with the tracker. Its far better than they are.

They also think the sport is about them.

They are Supreme Court Justices interpreting the strike zone at their own whim.

NBA charge/block is the same call at random. If LeBron them call it on the other team is part of the actual rule.

The NBA refs have the hardest jobs IMO but they are still the worst at what they do, they want to be part of the game way too frequently. I think the NHL refs are pretty good and the MLB umpires have the easiest jobs.

Just now, Klone1 said:

That was not a slide. If he was giving himself up they should have thrown the flag for late hit. Can't have it both ways

It kind of was a slide, but I agree with it being ruled a slide the flag should have been given again.