Week 6 - Rams @ 49ers - SNF

RamRod

Just now, JonStark said:

I have to be missing something. I don't understand why Henderson isn't in the game the majority of the times (especially at least ONE of the first two drives after halftime), and why we aren't running the ball. The pass is not going to work unless the defense has to worry about the run.

I'm so confused. 

yeah I was very confused with Mcvay saying Akers will get a lot of touches and.. he hasn't been in lol I know the niners have a good run d even with injuries.. but I agree they need to keep running

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I have to be missing something. I don't understand why Henderson isn't in the game the majority of the times (especially at least ONE of the first two drives after halftime), and why we aren't running the ball. The pass is not going to work unless the defense has to worry about the run.

I'm so confused. 

I guess Mcvay thought he could come out slinging....

Just now, MDY10 said:

yeah I was very confused with Mcvay saying Akers will get a lot of touches and.. he hasn't been in lol I know the niners have a good run d even with injuries.. but I agree they need to keep running

Like it seems so obvious to me. The one drive we scored on, Henderson got the rock a ton. The TD itself was only difficult because the penalty pushed us back. That was the only drive we scored on and established the run. Why aren't we continuing to do it. 

Henderson has been great this season, but it seems like Mcvay has his mind made up about this committee thing and will stick to it no matter what. 

Just now, JonStark said:

Like it seems so obvious to me. The one drive we scored on, Henderson got the rock a ton. The TD itself was only difficult because the penalty pushed us back. That was the only drive we scored on and established the run. Why aren't we continuing to do it. 

Henderson has been great this season, but it seems like Mcvay has his mind made up about this committee thing and will stick to it no matter what. 

Give it to the hot hand, and Henderson is that hot hand 

Just now, JonStark said:

I think he's honestly just dying to beat the beat up secondary.

here we go get the run going

1 minute ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Give it to the hot hand, and Henderson is that hot hand 

He's gonna be the hot hand every game though. Make him the starter and give him 2 of every 3 drives. 

Akers can play the change of pace roll similar to Henderson last year, but Hendo has earned the starting gig. He should be in the Gurley role. 

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

He's gonna be the hot hand every game though. Make him the starter and give him 2 of every 3 drives. 

Akers can play the change of pace roll similar to Henderson last year, but Hendo has earned the starting gig. He should be in the Gurley role. 

I agree, I was just surprised. I expected Akers to get 15 touches today