Week 6 - Rams @ 49ers - SNF

RamRod

Was a little surprised to see Lewis get so few snaps. Also still annoyed with having almost a 6 yard average on the ground and not running it more. A little more annoyed with how bad the defense tackled. When its all said and done though, it was just an off night and it was clear as day. However, these slow starts need to be fixed. Cant expect to win in the NFL when you only play 2 quarters.. and thats been the theme all year.

Goff was horrendous yesterday. The play calling was aweful. Second half defense remains god like. Love it. But yesterday was such a frustrating game. It was a Jeff Fisher game. We’re suppose to ish on bad/injured teams. Goff was just truly aweful and Mcvay did him no favors. Should have been a East win. How 

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yet we won week 1 on Sunday night. And last year won 3 Sunday night games iirc Browns Bears and Seahawks week 14. 

Week 1 for me was the best the Rams look on SNF since I can remember. Plus its the Cowboys. We know with them what could go wrong will go wrong. Btw I forgot about that Seahawks game. Yeah that was the best performance then the Cowboys game. 

The Browns game left alot to be desired even in a win. 2010 in a play in playoff game against the Seahawks the Rams were terrible. That Bears game last season was on MNF. The Bears game in 2018 was terrible. The Eagles game I think was also a SNF game that was terrible too. So outside of really that Seahawks game you mention and the Dallas game, the Rams havent looked right on SNF. My

Edited by stl4life07

Like someone already mentioned, it’s not time to hit the panic button... teams are always figuring stuff out the first 4-5 weeks of the season, however with no off season programs and pre season, and teams are coming along at a slower pace than usual, especially on the defensive side of the ball ( and when you add new pieces, coordinator and scheme, it makes it that much harder ) I rather have growing pains now before the bye week than fall apart towards seasons end. 
I can’t stand the Niners, but we weren’t as desperate as them and we weren’t in dire need of a win to keep the season alive. Even with our defense only playing two quarters a game we’re still 4-2, and the tragic performance by the offense doesn’t happen very often... as Aaron Rodgers once said to Packers fans, just RELAX..... now if we head into the bye week 4-4 then that’s a problem...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Like someone already mentioned, it’s not time to hit the panic button... teams are always figuring stuff out the first 4-5 weeks of the season, however with no off season programs and pre season, and teams are coming along at a slower pace than usual, especially on the defensive side of the ball ( and when you add new pieces, coordinator and scheme, it makes it that much harder ) I rather have growing pains now before the bye week than fall apart towards seasons end. 
I can’t stand the Niners, but we weren’t as desperate as them and we weren’t in dire need of a win to keep the season alive. Even with our defense only playing two quarters a game we’re still 4-2, and the tragic performance by the offense doesn’t happen very often... as Aaron Rodgers once said to Packers fans, just RELAX..... now if we head into the bye week 4-4 then that’s a problem...

Tbh if anyone is panicking right now it blows my mind. The eye test shows that this team is a legit Superbowl contender from the NFC. The Packers had a horrible game Sunday and their defense has been suspect. The Seahawks defense is horrible and they constantly winning close games. The Bucs are undisciplined with committing too many penalties and Brady turning the ball over more than he has ever done in New England. The Saints defense is shaky and offense isnt really that explosive. Like every team in the NFC has their issues. Its not like there is a team or teams that are so far away better. If the Rams issues is uncharacteristic offensive game against the Niners and slow starts on defense before being the NFL best defensive team in the 2nd half, Ill take that. Hopefully they will put it all together on defense to play a complete game and the Rams wont be uncharacteristic often on offense with penalties and drops and just mental mistakes. So forget the panic button, there shouldnt even be a button to press at all. Since you quoted Rodgers, Ill quote Belichick when he said after getting spanked by the Chiefs "On to Cincinnati". The Pats started that season (2-2) after getting spanked by the Chiefs 41-14. Belichick said "On to Cincinnati" and they won that game 43-17. They went on to win 7 straight games. They finished (12-4) and won the Superbowl that season over the Seahawks. Not saying the Rams will go (12-4) and win the Superbowl this season but we will be fine. 

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Tbh if anyone is panicking right now it blows my mind. The eye test shows that this team is a legit Superbowl contender from the NFC. The Packers had a horrible game Sunday and their defense has been suspect. The Seahawks defense is horrible and they constantly winning close games. The Bucs are undisciplined with committing too many penalties and Brady turning the ball over more than he has ever done in New England. The Saints defense is shaky and offense isnt really that explosive. Like every team in the NFC has their issues. Its not like there is a team or teams that are so far away better. If the Rams issues is uncharacteristic offensive game against the Niners and slow starts on defense before being the NFL best defensive team in the 2nd half, Ill take that. Hopefully they will put it all together on defense to play a complete game and the Rams wont be uncharacteristic often on offense with penalties and drops and just mental mistakes. So forget the panic button, there shouldnt even be a button to press at all. Since you quoted Rodgers, Ill quote Belichick when he said after getting spanked by the Chiefs "On to Cincinnati". The Pats started that season (2-2) after getting spanked by the Chiefs 41-14. Belichick said "On to Cincinnati" and they won that game 43-17. They went on to win 7 straight games. They finished (12-4) and won the Superbowl that season over the Seahawks. Not saying the Rams will go (12-4) and win the Superbowl this season but we will be fine. 

I think you're seeing people be more frustrated than anything else. I myself am frustrated over that game last night but I know the season isn't over. In my opinion, we lost to two teams that are NOT better than us. I won't fully trust this team to be consistent and thats because they haven't proven they can be yet. The only consistency is starting slow on defense and fixing it after half lol  Mcvay gashing teams and not running it to score used to be a consistency when we had TG.. and for some reason he went back to that yesterday. Mcvay in my opinion has been great with being balanced this year but knowing how hurt the niners defense was he wanted to come out and burn them in the air. Thats understandable but he needs to realize we rushed for 6 yards a carry and realize we aren't clicking in the air. Goff was up and down. He won't be perfect every game but I saw some things I liked and saw things I hated. He missed throws.. but I think its the first time this year I can say that so im not going to complain about it. A few times he stepped up in the pocket and maneuvered around to avoid sacks and I feel like I never see him do that. Something I loved was that for the first time ever, Sean Mcvay put some of the blame on the players. He didn't give the usual "I need to do better blah blah". Its weird to think of that as a positive but I think its important to hold your players accountable. 

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I think you're seeing people be more frustrated than anything else. I myself am frustrated over that game last night but I know the season isn't over. In my opinion, we lost to two teams that are NOT better than us. I won't fully trust this team to be consistent and thats because they haven't proven they can be yet. The only consistency is starting slow on defense and fixing it after half lol  Mcvay gashing teams and not running it to score used to be a consistency when we had TG.. and for some reason he went back to that yesterday. Mcvay in my opinion has been great with being balanced this year but knowing how hurt the niners defense was he wanted to come out and burn them in the air. Thats understandable but he needs to realize we rushed for 6 yards a carry and realize we aren't clicking in the air. Goff was up and down. He won't be perfect every game but I saw some things I liked and saw things I hated. He missed throws.. but I think its the first time this year I can say that so im not going to complain about it. A few times he stepped up in the pocket and maneuvered around to avoid sacks and I feel like I never see him do that. Something I loved was that for the first time ever, Sean Mcvay put some of the blame on the players. He didn't give the usual "I need to do better blah blah". Its weird to think of that as a positive but I think its important to hold your players accountable. 

I get what you are saying but coming out flat part of that has to do what traveling east three out of the last five games. Can you blame the Rams for traveling east to Buffalo after traveling east the Philly the week before and looking flat the 1st half? Can you blame the Rams for looking out of sync last night after traveling east to Washington the week before? It’s a real thing. I know the players and coaches can say all the right things but those trips from LA to Philly, Buffalo, and Washington are over 2,200 miles on average. We know players are creatures of habit and we are in crazy times which makes traveling even harder. Not using that as an excuse but it’s a real thing. Which is possibly one of the reasons it takes the defense an entire have to get going. Offense will be fine imo. This was the only game they didn’t start off fast and just was uncharacteristic throughout. 

As for McVay yes he should place blame on the players because Kupp has to catch those balls, defenders need to wrap up but McVay also need to say how he needs to stick to run early and often when your back is averaging 6ypc and as a team 5.6ypc. Run until the Niners stop it. Take a page from the Titans who run it at will with Henry. When the Seahawks were at their Superbowl best they fed Lynch. The second they decided to put the ball in Wilson hands to win he threw a pick they lost the Superbowl and haven’t been to the NFCCG let alone another Superbowl and we are talking about having Wilson who most will say could be the best QB in the NFL today. So McVay have to realize yes Goff is a good QB and can be great in stretches but the running game makes this team dangerous. The running game got this team to the Superbowl in 2018 because they were top 3 in rushing. They have two backs in Henderson and Akers who can be stars so feed them. 

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying but coming out flat part of that has to do what traveling east three out of the last five games. Can you blame the Rams for traveling east to Buffalo after traveling east the Philly the week before and looking flat the 1st half? Can you blame the Rams for looking out of sync last night after traveling east to Washington the week before? It’s a real thing. I know the players and coaches can say all the right things but those trips from LA to Philly, Buffalo, and Washington are over 2,200 miles on average. We know players are creatures of habit and we are in crazy times which makes traveling even harder. Not using that as an excuse but it’s a real thing. Which is possibly one of the reasons it takes the defense an entire have to get going. Offense will be fine imo. This was the only game they didn’t start off fast and just was uncharacteristic throughout. 

As for McVay yes he should place blame on the players because Kupp has to catch those balls, defenders need to wrap up but McVay also need to say how he needs to stick to run early and often when your back is averaging 6ypc and as a team 5.6ypc. Run until the Niners stop it. Take a page from the Titans who run it at will with Henry. When the Seahawks were at their Superbowl best they fed Lynch. The second they decided to put the ball in Wilson hands to win he threw a pick they lost the Superbowl and haven’t been to the NFCCG let alone another Superbowl and we are talking about having Wilson who most will say could be the best QB in the NFL today. So McVay have to realize yes Goff is a good QB and can be great in stretches but the running game makes this team dangerous. The running game got this team to the Superbowl in 2018 because they were top 3 in rushing. They have two backs in Henderson and Akers who can be stars so feed them. 

I 100% agree with the traveling.. But how long do we have to wait for a team to recover lol they had an hour flight to Santa Clara. A one hour flight, and a home game with an extra day of rest coming up. This excuse cant be used at all for the rest of the year. Rams have to go to Miami, then a home game, then Tampa, then the rest are all west coast. If anything, the Seahawks have to travel more the rest of the year, as do the niners and cards I believe. Hopefully we see a jump in the rams play now. 

And yes, you'd think he'd learn after doing it with TG so often and then having success running it at the goaline as well as 4th and short so often this year. But I was just getting at that I like the fact that for the first time he actually did put some blame on them. Im already excited for the Bears game.. I do think we bounce back and I hope we dont look back. 

8 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Goff was horrendous yesterday. The play calling was aweful. Second half defense remains god like. Love it. But yesterday was such a frustrating game. It was a Jeff Fisher game. We’re suppose to ish on bad/injured teams. Goff was just truly aweful and Mcvay did him no favors. Should have been a East win. How 

Stop being dramatic. Goff wasn’t anywhere near as bad as you say. 

He was the one who made it close. If kupp doesn’t drop a TD it’s potentially a tie game. 

It wasn’t Goff’s best game but he didn’t do anywhere near as bad as you make it seem. He did have a blunder in the end zone that can never happen but McVay put him in bad spots all night 

• Like 2

The problem with McVay is that he outsmarts himself. 

He always wants to be one step ahead of the opposing defense so he won’t call run plays if the defense doesn’t give him the right look. 

He needs to understand that sometimes it shouldn’t matter what the defense shows as long as it’s working, you keep going with it. Don’t overthink it