Surprising Players - Who is doing better or worse than you expected?

RaidersAreOne

rashaan evans has been terrible thus far this year. it's very jarring- at the very least he's been a good downhill run stopper thus far but now the dude's missing tackles like it's his job.

i will say tannehill basically picking up where he left off last year is surprising to me, even as someone who was relatively optimistic about him.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

rashaan evans has been terrible thus far this year. it's very jarring- at the very least he's been a good downhill run stopper thus far but now the dude's missing tackles like it's his job.

i will say tannehill basically picking up where he left off last year is surprising to me, even as someone who was relatively optimistic about him.

I was also expecting regression to the mean.  I think that's only natural to think so.

- Zach Cunningham is a completely different player from last year, just fell off a cliff; He went from a sure thing as a do-everything ILB to a liability after getting his extension. DJ Reader's absence is really being felt in the front seven. (He looked like himself in the Jacksonville game; It could be a lack of BoB... or it could be Jacksonville. We'll see this Sunday when it's Derrick Henry and Jonnu Smith).

- Max Scharping has lost his starting job to Senio Kelemete, and I'm not sure why. But if I'm being honest, any Texan OL who is not named Larmey Tunsil has been a disappointment.

- Whitney Mercilius has three sacks in the last two games, and is getting consistent pressure off the edge. I had originally written him off as another BoB "he's a good guy so let's give him a ton of money he doesn't deserve" signing, but he's actually living up to his extension.

• Like 1

I'm shocked two coaches are fired already I thought the pandemic would give everyone leeway was thinking stupid.

Also Mike Davis for the Panthers is surprising me .

AJ Green is the biggest surprise to me in a negative way all those targets not a lot of production thought he'd be fresh.

Also can't believe John Ross was a healthy scratch I thought he looked phenomenal last year when healthy. Very odd to me.

• Like 1

Xavier Rhodes- So far he’s doing a pretty decent job this year. Seems like a change of scenery really helped him out. Colts done a nice job playing to his strengths.

Julian Blackmon- Rookie Coming off a acl year he suffered last December.He’s everything you want in a FS. He’s fast, great tackler, and doesn’t make mistakes despite being a rookie. Ballard has found another gem.

Moe Allie-Cox- Former VCU basketball player. He’s easily been the best TE on the roster. He’s finally showing the potential and him and Rivers have a nice connection. He needs more snaps over Doyle, he’s more explosive and better blocker also more durable.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 2