Surprising Players - Who is doing better or worse than you expected?

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i will say tannehill basically picking up where he left off last year is surprising to me, even as someone who was relatively optimistic about him.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Ryan Tannehill has shocked me. I thought he’d be a flash in the pan.

I never had any doubts.

As for current Dolphins, Myles Gaskin definitely is a pleasant surprise. Austin Jackson has come along quicker than I thought before going down to injury.... the whole team really is way more solid than I'd have imagined, actually.

Elandon Roberts is probably the biggest "meh". I expected a below average starter at LB, but dude has been pretty garbage.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Zach Cunningham is a completely different player from last year, just fell off a cliff; He went from a sure thing as a do-everything ILB to a liability after getting his extension. DJ Reader's absence is really being felt in the front seven. (He looked like himself in the Jacksonville game; It could be a lack of BoB... or it could be Jacksonville. We'll see this Sunday when it's Derrick Henry and Jonnu Smith).

I remember you and I going back and forth a little regarding money spent on Cunningham vs. potentially Hopkins. You were pimping Zach pretty hard and almost convinced me it was the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Tannehill is the obvious one for Tennessee. Henry too, since I expected 400 carries to wear him down more than it has so far. Corey Davis was a beast in his first three games.

But another one that’s having a surprisingly great season, compared to expectations, is Chris Jackson. Seventh round rookie CB, forced into a lot of playing time by injury and covid, but holding his own in the last game. Especially for such a late pick.

As for worse, Rashaan Evans, Vic Beasley, and Isaiah Wilson have all been big flops so far.

13 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Apparently Wyatt Teller was accidentally exposed to gamma rays this off season.

And on the other end...Evan Engram is almost a liability as a starter rn.

Love Wyatt Teller's jump.

I am going to die on the hill that Evan Engram is a bum, so this one is not surprising to me. 

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember you and I going back and forth a little regarding money spent on Cunningham vs. potentially Hopkins. You were pimping Zach pretty hard and almost convinced me it was the right thing to do.

I'm still holding out hope that Zach finds his legs and adapts to life without Reader... We'll see, but I think that having Zach here DOES make Bernardrick McKinney expendable this upcoming off-season, so that's worth something...

Wyatt Teller is by far the easiest answer for the Browns. He's arguably been our best offensive lineman when it was expected at the start of the year that he may be the weak link.

I'm not sure if there's a Browns player who's been surprisingly worse than expected. I suppose Andrew Sendejo. Not that anyone expected him to be good, but I certainly didn't expect him to be as horrible as he's been. Then again, he likely wouldn't still be starting if Grant Delpit hadn't gotten hurt.

• Like 1

AJ Green.

Last we saw of him in 2018 he was still the same elite receiver showing no signs of slowing down and dominating the opposition. This year, whether due to injury, age, or both, he has completely fallen off a cliff. His legs look completely dead. He’s struggling mightily to create any separation and his effort has been uncharacteristically lacklustre on some plays. It’s really sad to see. Luckily we didn’t sign him to an extension this past offseason, and I can’t see us offering him anything now, barring some unforeseen turnaround. I can’t even see us fetching much in return at the trade deadline, if we decide to go that route. 

Unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have the skillset to transition to and succeed in the slot a la Larry Fitzgerald. His game was dependent on his burst, long speed, and winning on the perimeter. At this rate I can see him retiring early. 

On 10/15/2020 at 7:28 AM, ET80 said:

I'm still holding out hope that Zach finds his legs and adapts to life without Reader... We'll see, but I think that having Zach here DOES make Bernardrick McKinney expendable this upcoming off-season, so that's worth something...

I thought Zach Cunningham was really impressive against the Ravens. He held the edge several times against Lamar, and as an ILB that's VERY hard to do.

So far Justin Herbert. Everything I read and saw showed me a guy who needed at least a year of sitting and learning on the bench before he should play. So far, even though you can see the inexperience at times, he’s proving me wrong. No wins under his belt yet unfortunately but just goes to show how much it’s a team sport.

Bobbie Tonyan - It's amazing what good coaching can do for you. His confidence is high right now and MLF is doing a great job scheming plays for him. Really hoping we found our TE1 finally.

Jaire Alexander - I knew he was good. I did not know he was "Jaire Island" good lol. Completely shut down Calvin Ridley. Outside of that pitiful tackling attempt on the Kamara 50+ yard TD, Jaire has been unreal good.

Aaron Rogers HAS to be surprising these Packer fans...

Norm - "

Bc he sucks and we're tired of him

Rodgers is really good still. That's why we traded up for a QB

@everyonemoron 

Go eff yourself.

They know he's trash"

Outpost - I just love the saltiness of everyone telling Norm, AG and I all year we were ****ing stupid for thinking Rodgers was going downhill and now the Packers coaching staff is essentially agreeing and they just cannot handle it. 

ye of little faith.

• Like 1