Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Surprising Players - Who is doing better or worse than you expected?

Baker has been extremely underwhelming this year. With better coaching and a better O-line I was expecting a big year from him. It’s early but the Browns could be looking for a new starter this offseason. If Dallas doesn’t pay Dak👀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

oh boy, we were once fooled too by this agholor. enjoy it as it lasts...

Expectations are a little different for a WR drafted in the 1st round and thrusted into a starting position vs. one who is on a 1 year, $1,047,500 contract.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Baker has been extremely underwhelming this year. With better coaching and a better O-line I was expecting a big year from him. It’s early but the Browns could be looking for a new starter this offseason. If Dallas doesn’t pay Dak👀

I've seen a few Browns fans try to blame his struggles on being in a new system, no offseason, and even Freddie Kitchens bad coaching that helped him develop bad habits. But the Browns offensive line has been good this year, you guys have an elite running game, and he has one of the best group of pass catchers in the league to throw too. 

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Expectations are a little different for a WR drafted in the 1st round and thrusted into a starting position vs. one who is on a 1 year, $1,047,500 contract.

Yeah, I'd say most Raiders fans didn't even think he'd make the roster so him already having 3 TD (should be 4) for us this year has been a very nice surprise. 

39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

15 Eagles sucked.

16 Eagles were nothing to write home about.

17 He had 62 receptions, 768 yds, and 8 TDs. Pretty solid season.

18 He went for 64 receptions, 736 yds, 4 TDs while the starting QB only played 11 games and competing with Ertz, Goedert, and Jeffrey, for targets. Still a plenty solid line. 

19 Eagles weren't particularly good.

He had 2 meh seasons on 2 bad teams, 2 solid seasons on 2 good teams, and another meh season on a team relying heavily on the run and TEs. 

Obviously, Agholor isn't a #1 and probably won't ever be a 1000 yd double digit TD WR, but on good teams, he's been productive. He's proving again that he can produce on good offenses this year though and looks like he'll be a perfectly good, if not spectacular, 3rd/4th option at WR depending on what we do with Edwards, Ruggs, and Renfrow. 

He's a guy I'm definitely trying to resign. If Edwards, Ruggs, Renfrow, and Agholor play up to snuff, they're possibly one of the deepest WR corps in the league. 

Point being, I never thought he was "bad". Given his play so far, if I'm surprised at anything, it's that he hasn't been used and targeted very often yet. 

I'm not sure he'll be a "surprise" via production, given Edwards, Waller, Ruggs, Renfrow, and our RBs also vying for targets. That said, when we signed him I said his impact wouldn't necessarily come via catches, yards, and TDs, but being a respectable enough receiver to draw coverages.