Casey Toohill claimed off waivers

MikeT14

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Kind of a Ryan Anderson feel to me. Undersized for DE, probably not quite athletic/fluid enough to play LB. I think he’s a gamer and a blue-collar player, and you always need guys like that on the roster, but...I wonder how many you need.

He’s actually athletic as hell. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He’s actually athletic as hell. 

Huh, so he is. Good call. Very good combine numbers.

He doesn’t really look it on the field. A guy with those sort of jump numbers at his size should look explosive as hell on the field. But he almost looks sluggish. There are some plays where you see some burst though, so maybe there’s something to develop. At the least he should be another guy (along with JSW) that will be a big athletic weapon on ST. 

43 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He's always been your guy- I remember you pounding the table to draft him . - now we got him ,,and his huge contract !

Yeah, he has not played up to his ability. It frustrates me more than everyone else bc he’s always been my guy as you said. Very disappointing. I wish they’d move him to WLB like I’ve talked about since February -safety in today’s NFL seems like pegging in a role or deep coverage responsibilities  that doesn’t fit for him.