Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Buccaneers

TheVillain112

Poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Patriots
    • Bucs
    • The always popular hipster 3rd option...

44 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

It's going no where because you're not responding to ANY of the points I made.

The closest you've come is pulling my point about the first 20 minutes out of context and implying that I was saying that was proof for the entire game they were in control.  

I've provided a page of data and stats and facts that back up my claims, and you've nit picked one out of context stat and made personal attacks.

i find most of your points to be irrelevant. i dont care that the bucs only averaged 3.6 yards on 17 plays in the 3rd nor do i see how it really matters. the game was close throughtout, if one play at anytime can make you go from winning to losing, you aent in control. heres the facts that matter, the pats never led by more than 9 and the majority of the game it was a one score game. 

and since im pulling things " out of context", this started cause uou said you could tell thr pats were way head by playcalling and top. when pointed out that the top was identically even, it changed to the first 20 minutes. somehow, this all means ot easily could have been a 3 score game. huh?

6 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

It doesn't matter if the team is set at the line or not.  Teams could still line up and "accidentally" false start for a free time out and then the ref would have to make the NOT BLACK AND WHITE JUDGMENT CALL on the situation/player/team if they meant to or not.  It would just be complete insanity and there would be a ton of angry players, coaches, owners, and fans because every week some BLACK AND WHITE JUDGMENT CALL would go against someone and there would be a huge uproar.  Imagine if that happened in the Patriots/Falcons SB.   The Patriots get an extra timeout or two and score before OT.  In the end the Patriots won anyways, but without knowing that imagine the uproar in Atlanta and across the league.  It would cost the league money.  It is NEVER not going to be a BLACK AND WHITE JUDGMENT CALL in your scenario.  There is no way around the ref having to decide if it was intentional or not.  The current rule is BLACK AND WHITE without judgment and needs to be as it is and is that way for good reason.

If it is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down why would a team purposely commit a false start when you are set at the line and can just spike the ball.  Takes 1-2 seconds.  Without the ten second run off the Bucs have one or two more shots at the endzone.  It is a BS penalty when a team is already losing 5 yards and gaining zero advantage 99.9% of the time.

awful, awful arguments and then ends it by childish insults. full of doible standards ( pats dominatiting top for a strecth mattering even though they scored a whooping pts buts the bucs dominating top for a stretch doesnt cause they didnt do much is a glaring one.

basically it boils down to yoi want people to ignire the simple facts/what happened in the game, and instead only look at how you INTERPRETED things happening. personally i think its completely reasonable for people to think tbe bucs shoild have won that game and shot themselves in tbe foot over amd over. i hVent tried to make that an argument though cause THAT would be opinion. much like your view on how the pats controlled the game, its against reality.

but hey, throw a tantrum, lie, change your argument, "neener, neener" wjatever you feel you have to do. aint gonna change the facts of what happened, so im done.

14 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Because it's not always that scenario.  Sometimes it's 3rd and 2 forty seconds at the 40 yard line and you need to get a first down.   If you get a free timeout to discuss instead of spiking and losing a down, that's a huge advantage for the offense in both clock management and situational down management. 

They're gaining zero advantage 99.9% of the time now because the league has the rule to protect people from abusing it and making it an advantage.   It would be a humongous issue in the league if that route of free time-out were available to teams.  It would effect coaches aggressiveness with challenging plays.  It would effect ethics and morality and the integrity of the game being questioned.  It would create an unintended loophole for teams to abuse.  I've addressed all of these points multiple times with multiple examples and explained in multiple ways.

You really think that turning a 3rd and 2 into a 3rd and 7 just to talk it over is an advantage?  You say it does not give an advantage because of the rule but it did not give an advantage before the rule.  It is just increase the punishment for the infraction.  Now when guys went down with injuries that was a different story but I do not remember teams taking penalties to stop the clock.  The rule was to stop teams from faking injuries and then they thought how could teams do this in other ways.  Some genius came up with this and added it in.  The best part is that if a team is ahead and wants to they can run out the clock on purpose by committing penalties.  Maybe we should let the refs decide so no one gains and advantage or we can just add 12 more if then then that situations.  It would look like the catch rule on steroids.

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You really think that turning a 3rd and 2 into a 3rd and 7 just to talk it over is an advantage?  You say it does not give an advantage because of the rule but it did not give an advantage before the rule.  It is just increase the punishment for the infraction.  Now when guys went down with injuries that was a different story but I do not remember teams taking penalties to stop the clock.  The rule was to stop teams from faking injuries and then they thought how could teams do this in other ways.  Some genius came up with this and added it in.  The best part is that if a team is ahead and wants to they can run out the clock on purpose by committing penalties.  Maybe we should let the refs decide so no one gains and advantage or we can just add 12 more if then then that situations.  It would look like the catch rule on steroids.

No, they can´t. The defense has the option to decline the 10-second runoff, and then the game clock will start on the snap after the penalty.

5 hours ago, EddiefF said:

No, they can´t. The defense has the option to decline the 10-second runoff, and then the game clock will start on the snap after the penalty.

Thank you for that.  Was unaware that you could decline the 10 second runoff.

Archived