Le'Veon Bell

onejayhawk

14 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Chiefs seem to be serious about Bell:

The Dolphins "saving around a fair amount of money" doesn't make a ton of sense to me. The Jets are already paying for 8ish mil this year. Any new deal will just offset the Jets payments. Are the Dolphins offering a multi year deal?

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The Dolphins "saving around a fair amount of money" doesn't make a ton of sense to me. The Jets are already paying for 8ish mil this year. Any new deal will just offset the Jets payments. Are the Dolphins offering a multi year deal?

no clue  .. may be a combination of "new endorsement deals" (na, I'm not even thinking about the idea any NFL team could drive a potential sponsor to do something special with any particular player ... Gooddell .. you're listening??) plus not paying state income tax?

Interesting idea ... but that would require a serious commitment beyond the money already paid by the Jets. Not sure the Chiefs are willing or capable to do this right now.

On the other hand: This could be a prove it season for Bell .. for another .. hmm .. how old is he? ... Thinking about it  .. a 2 year guaranteed contract may make sense for him.

Edited by KC_Guy