Le'Veon Bell

onejayhawk

I hope CEH stays the lead back.

He was here first. He has worked hard while being here. He's getting his NFL legs while Bell is just riding on everyone's back. Let Bell put in some work behind

CEH and show us he belongs on an NFL team again. Bell's latest body of work has been quite underwhelming.

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Are we talking about the same Le'Veon Bell that the Chiefs just signed? His style and Clyde's could almost not be more different. 

J

I’m just talking as a guy who is a great pass catcher, and as a runner has great vision.

He’s also bigger and maybe even faster with better pass blocking skills

Of course our OL can’t run block so it really doesn’t matter. 

4 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I’m just talking as a guy who is a great pass catcher, and as a runner has great vision.

Yeah,  I'd say they are pretty similar backs.   Just in different bodies.   Both are going to fail and succeed under the same circumstances. 

Neither will fully succeed,   as you said our OL can't run block and both rely more on vision than creating their own holes.   

I am excited about the Bell signing though,   Andy will know how to get the best out of him.   

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Are we talking about the same Le'Veon Bell that the Chiefs just signed? His style and Clyde's could almost not be more different. 

CEH reminds me of MJ Drew who use to play with Jacksonville. He's  also 5'7" and 210lbs, named "Pocket Hercules" by teammates. Similar center of gravity. Hard to bring down. All-Pro.

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

A receiver out of the backfield is certainly important. Clyde will be that, but he's not there yet. 

I would not say the OL cannot run block. It's more that Mahomes is the first, second and third priority.

22 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

CEH reminds me of MJ Drew who use to play with Jacksonville. He's  also 5'7" and 210lbs, named "Pocket Hercules" by teammates. Similar center of gravity. Hard to bring down. All-Pro.

I think the comparisons to Westbrook are well founded. He was not much taller than Clyde and also a brick. 

J

OL does “alright” with running blocking on normal distance, really all of our OL are finesse blockers.  Fisher might be the best drive blocker,   Wylie is really the only one I’d say he has a mean steak(but that could just be that I notice it from him being out in the middle of nowhere from whiffing on a block)   

Main reason for our short yardage running game being so awful,   And Bell and Clyde are not guys that will just power through you,  which is what I think Chiefer was getting at.  

in the end I don’t think it will matter,  Andy just likes to see if we can improve on things throughout the year..  if they don’t, I’m sure he’ll put the game in Mahomes hands when the games really matter 

I always check the film study articles by Matt Lane. This week he focuses on the so-called Split Gun formation we used several times against the Bills, with Clyde and Kelce on either side of Mahomes. I am post it here because it is something we can run with Clyde and Bell. One of the things making it effective was Kelce as a potential receiver out of the backfield. Whether he stayed in to block, ran a block and released, ran a route or went in motion, Kelce drew a lot of defensive attention. 

Bell is not the blocker Kelce is, but has some size and a lot of experience, and he's nearly as good a receiving threat. A dimension Kelce did not bring is the potential as a ball carrier. We may not see it this week or next, partly because of the quality of the opposition, but this is something to have in the toolbox down the road.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/10/22/21526657/film-review-chiefs-unveil-new-play-package-vs-bills

J

• Like 1