Week 6 GDT: New Era of Cowboys Football! The return of the Red Rifle vs “The Future”

textaz03

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

@textaz03 over here posting like the Cowboys play. Doesn’t do anything through the first 1/2 of the week but comes on strong at the end. 

I still dont get this narrative. The only game that truly got away from us was the Browns at the end. We led the Hawks/Giants/Browns/etc all at one point. Some of them in the 2nd half. IIRC all of them in the first half.  

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I still dont get this narrative. The only game that truly got away from us was the Browns at the end. We led the Hawks/Giants/Browns/etc all at one point. Some of them in the 2nd half. IIRC all of them in the first half.  

Our largest deficits in the 1st half:

• Rams - down 7
  • Falcons - down 20
  • Seahawks - down 8 (and 1 minute into the 2nd half we trailed by 15) 
  • Browns - down 17
  • Giants - down 14 

Our offense has taken literally zero snaps in the first half with a lead. Any brief lead they have held was immediately given up on our opponent's next drive.

How have we been anything short of a disaster in the first half of games? I feel like I must be misunderstanding the true intention of your post, this feels so obvious.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You...you “don’t get” the narrative that we are a slow starting team? 

Let’s take inventory here:

Got down 7 nothing to the Rams after the first quarter week 1(The best we have done)

Got down 20-0 in the 1st quarter to the Falcons, and 29-10 at halftime.(how do you not understand that was a slow start comeback win?)

We were down 23-15 to Seattle at halftime(we outscored them in the second half and still lost)

Then the Browns had us 31-14 at halftime(Once again out scoring them in the 2nd only to lose the game)

Then last week against the Giants I get called into work at 2:50 PM, and return home right at the start of the 2nd quarter and Dallas is already down 14-3. 

If you can’t see how slow starts are hurting this team I choose to believe you are trolling me.

Edited by DaBoys

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

• Rams - down 7
  • Falcons - down 20
  • Browns - down 17
  • Giants - down 14 

Our offense has taken literally zero snaps in the first half with a lead. Any brief lead they have held was immediately given up on our opponent's next drive.

How have we been anything short of a disaster in the first half of games? I feel like I must be misunderstanding the true intention of your post, this feels so obvious.

EDIT:

Nevermind

I thought you quoted me. My bad

Edited by DaBoys

21 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

• Rams - down 7
  • Falcons - down 20
  • Browns - down 17
  • Giants - down 14 

Well, thats flat out wrong. But:

Rams: We were up at half. We never trailed by more than 6.

Falcons: We did have a big deficit, but it was within 5 points in the 3rd.

Seahawks: It was a 1 point game in the 2nd until Seattle scored 11 seconds before half. It was a 2 point game at the start of the 4th. 

Browns: It was 14-14 at the start of the second. Obviously this one got away from us.

Giants: Scored first, had the lead for 1/2 the quarter. Had the lead going into halftime. Kept the lead until Dalton took over. 

@DaBoys => I guess this is in response to you as well. 

Edited by Matts4313

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, thats flat out wrong. But:

I went through each game and couldn't find 1 single offensive snap with the lead in the first half. Can you show me where I missed something?

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rams: We were up at half. We never trailed by more than 6.

You are right, 6 points. Stupid math on my part.

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Falcons: We did have a big deficit, but it was within 5 points in the 3rd.

I'm not sure why 3rd quarter performance helps the argument that we have not been a disaster 1st half team.

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Seahawks: It was a 1 point game in the 2nd until Seattle scored 11 seconds before half. It was a 2 point game at the start of the 4th. 

Again, winning the 3rd quarter is part of the argument that we are better in the second half than the 1st.

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Giants: Scored first, had the lead for 1/2 the quarter. Had the lead going into halftime. Kept the lead until Dalton took over. 

Literally had a 14 point deficit at one point to one of the worst teams in football. Ended up evening it out, but we got off to an inarguably slow start.

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I went through each game and couldn't find 1 single offensive snap with the lead in the first half. Can you show me where I missed something?

I miss read that. I thought you said we havent had a single snap with the lead. Not an offensive snap with the lead. I am to lazy to look that up.