Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

Jaguars cut LB/DE Cassius Marsh

Figured this was the move. Hasn't really done anything of note and that's where Correa would slot in.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Figured this was the move. Hasn't really done anything of note and that's where Correa would slot in.

neither has quincy williams......seems pretty terrible to keep 3 WILLs on the roster at this point.  im guessing Williams is now the 5th string safety with wingard on IR. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

neither has quincy williams......seems pretty terrible to keep 3 WILLs on the roster at this point.  im guessing Williams is now the 5th string safety with wingard on IR. 

We're a rebuilding team trying to find young guys for the future. I would hope they wouldn't cut the young and relatively highly drafted pick of a year ago over the journeyman vet regardless of position.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We're a rebuilding team trying to find young guys for the future. I would hope they wouldn't cut the young and relatively highly drafted pick of a year ago over the journeyman vet regardless of position.

Quincy williams was a reach who proved he isn't durable and is a clear 3rd in line at wlb.

Also 2 years isnt that big of a difference and marsh has a 1st round pedigree while correa has a 2nd round pedigree.   Both are replaceable level talents and 1 doesnt even have experience in a 4-3. 

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Quincy williams was a reach who proved he isn't durable and is a clear 3rd in line at wlb.

Also 2 years isnt that big of a difference and marsh has a 1st round pedigree while correa has a 2nd round pedigree.   Both are replaceable level talents and 1 doesnt even have experience in a 4-3. 

Who cares? He's a very young player and there's zero reason to cut him in a lost season over a vet who has no future here. He's literally played one season. This is about finding young pieces, starting or depth, that can maybe catch on and be around for a while.

Also, you're seriously talking about Marsh's draft pedigree as a 28 year old who's been in the NFL for 6 years? Stop. Regardless if Williams has a future here there's no reason to cut him over an old vet who's gone from team to team and again, has no future here. 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Who cares? He's a very young player and there's zero reason to cut him in a lost season over a vet who has no future here. He's literally played one season. This is about finding young pieces, starting or depth, that can maybe catch on and be around for a while.

Also, you're seriously talking about Marsh's draft pedigree as a 28 year old who's been in the NFL for 6 years? Stop. Regardless if Williams has a future here there's no reason to cut him over an old vet who's gone from team to team and again, has no future here. 

marsh has proved to be a Durable reliable depth piece wherever hes played.  

Correa is a guy whos on his 3rd team in 5 years which is the very idea of a journeyman and has asked twice to be Traded/cut cuz of playing time(in tennessee) nd in Baltimore(Position cuz they were playing him as  a MLB so he and his Mom were complaining about his Position according to @AFlaccoSeagulls post in this thread. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

marsh has proved to be a Durable reliable depth piece wherever hes played.  

Correa is a guy whos on his 3rd team in 5 years which is the very idea of a journeyman and has asked twice to be Traded/cut cuz of playing time(in tennessee) nd in Baltimore(Position cuz they were playing him as  a MLB so he and his Mom were complaining about his Position according to @AFlaccoSeagulls post in this thread. 

Marsh has done nothing noteworthy here. He has been a fringe roster piece at every stop he's been/several teams in 7 years.

Not sure what your point is on Correa...I'm aware of what he's been in the NFL. I think the Jaguars, who dealt a late rd pick for him and a late rd pick, are well aware of what he is too. 

I don't care nearly enough about these transactions to continue this. So whatever.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Marsh has done nothing noteworthy here. He has been a fringe roster piece at every stop he's been/several teams in 7 years.

Not sure what your point is on Correa...I'm aware of what he's been in the NFL. I think the Jaguars, who dealt a late rd pick for him and a late rd pick, are well aware of what he is too. 

My point is that hes been a pretty meh character in 2 organizations(1 of which i hold in high regards to in character(ravens) because they cut a very viable starter at fs simply cuz the lockroom didn't jive with the guy and i dont think correa with his 2 years younger brings anything but a potential bad apple mentality back into the youngest lockroom in the nfl.