Daryl Morey, Rockets Part Ways

Texansfan713

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah you have them under contract for the next two seasons but they're taking up like 75% of your salary cap. Plus it's going to be tough to move Westbrook or add any significant pieces to make a championship push. 

Noel would be a nice pickup but he's not going to be the difference between a 2nd round exit and potential NBA championship. You also have to consider that teams like the Lakers/Clippers will make improvements, the Warriors will be healthy and will retool their roster this offseason, and then you have young teams like Dallas, Denver, and Utah who should all continue to get better. 

You made the 2nd round but were also a game away from being eliminated in the 1st round by an OKC team no one thought would even be a playoff level team this year. 

Obviously you do what you can to tweak the roster around your two star players and hope you can matchup with teams more effectively in the playoffs. But Morey really did screw you guys by trading away CP3/Capela. 

Idk a guy like Noel could make a huge difference. When you think that the rockets were ahead in the 2nd half of game 2 and 3 against the lakers and lost, having got a few more rebounds or having a stop or two on AD that Noel could have provided might have made the difference. 

as for the OKC series, it was a 4/5 match up and what people thought about them before the season is irrelevant. They were picked to win that series by a bunch of “experts” because the rockets didn’t have Westbrook. 

I hate Westbrook more than anyone else but the bottom line is the rockets have no choice but to try and sign some vet minimum guys and use the MLE and hope for good health come playoff time. Small ball has been proven to work in spurts just not as the only way of playing. Adding a big would be a huge difference maker for the rockets. 

I am not sure Morey has ever once been honest with the media. He lies when he doesnt have to. "We aren't trading Chris Paul" "Dantoni is part of our long term future" "I need a break from basketball and want to pursue other things"

I mean, we all know thats just gamesmen talk but Morey seems to do it when he should just keep his mouth shut. 

After his CP3 for Westbrook trade, he was dead to me anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I am not sure Morey has ever once been honest with the media. He lies when he doesnt have to. "We aren't trading Chris Paul" "Dantoni is part of our long term future" "I need a break from basketball and want to pursue other things"

I mean, we all know thats just gamesmen talk but Morey seems to do it when he should just keep his mouth shut. 

Why are you acting like Harden didn't want CP3 gone and wanted Westbrook? You think Morey of all people wanted to make that trade? 

24 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

eh living in Houston i can almost tell you he is honest with the media.  one of the reasons he is a fan favorite is because of his personality. 

Just now, champ11 said:

i cant believe he thinks that trade was morey 

I mean come on man, what about Morey's history lets you think he values a guy like Westbrook over CP3? That was a power move made by Harden and the Rockets have to live with it. Wasn't completely crazy either since CP3 was starting to get more and more banged up. But yeah, Harden hated how CP3 got after him and was just sick and tired of him.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

sixers are a serious contender now

Too early to say that. Roster is very flawed, need to see what he can do first and who, if any of his stars he gets rids of. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:
16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why are you acting like Harden didn't want CP3 gone and wanted Westbrook? You think Morey of all people wanted to make that trade? 

i cant believe he thinks that trade was morey 

i can't believe ppl give him a pass for it

obviously harden wanted cp3 gone, i doubt he asked for westbrook lmao. the contract is why there were basically no other options (which is morey's fault)

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

obviously harden wanted cp3 gone, i doubt he asked for westbrook lmao. the contract is why there were basically no other options (which is morey's fault)

If Harden didn't want CP3 gone, would he still be a Rocket, yes or no? I don't care for Morey, you can blame him all you want. But to act like it was Morey who wanted CP3 gone is hilarious. That was all Harden. And if he wanted CP3 gone, what other package could they have gotten for him that would have made them better or on par to the team they had? 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

“Obviously harden wanted CP3 gone” you responded for me 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Harden didn't want CP3 gone, would he still be a Rocket, yes or no? I don't care for Morey, you can blame him all you want. But to act like it was Morey who wanted CP3 gone is hilarious. That was all Harden. And if he wanted CP3 gone, what other package could they have gotten for him that would have made them better or on par to the team they had? 

There was like one trade possible that would have kept the rockets good and that was it

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

and morey decided to trade him for westbrook...

while giving up the rest of their 1st rd picks...

Yeah, as far as that goes some criticism is fair for the negotiation I suppose. I just don’t think there were many possible trades out there with the salary where you are getting winning talent back. And then to build a team around Westbrook and Harden on the fly (you gotta toss the C since Westbrook kills spacing) ... I mean to me it is impressive.