WEEK 6 - (1-3) Broncos @ Patriots (2-2)

lomaxgrUK

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Does anyone know anything about this DT, Deshawn Williams? I kept seeing #90 being quite active on the DL. Did we bring him up from the PS when Casey was hurt?

He’s been in our camp a few times going back to Vance’s tenure but never made the roster (frankly, it’s probably been because of DeMarcus Walker earning a spot through draft status). Seeing Sylvester Williams wearing 73 of all numbers making a critical play was also pretty fun. 

When Dre’Mont is back and Agim gets more game ready, not sure how much more these guys play but it’s a credit to Kollar and Fangio that they’ve continued to plug guys in and fit the run well.

Edited by BroncoBruin

Missed the game completely for work (and it was busy), so won't add to what's already been said.    Frankly, the most important thing is that the core guys are healthy - long-term, Lock is the key to how far our O progresses.   So the shoulder being sound is the most important thing that matters.   The W is great for the team's morale, and their belief they can win on the road. 

The only other comment - while there's a lot to work on re: game management and planning on O, Fangio's strength as a DC (let's face it, he's calling the shots there) can't be denied.    How he progresses in the other areas will ultimately determine his fate, but one thing I've learned is to expect a closer game when DEN is seen as a big dog - simply because Fangio's D plays up a lot better, unless it's a complete team.

On that note, I expect a closer game than KC-9 indicates, especially at home, and I'm definitely taking the under lol.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Missed the game completely for work (and it was busy), so won't add to what's already been said.    Frankly, the most important thing is that the core guys are healthy - long-term, Lock is the key to how far our O progresses.   So the shoulder being sound is the most important thing that matters.   The W is great for the team's morale, and their belief they can win on the road. 

The only other comment - while there's a lot to work on re: game management and planning on O, Fangio's strength as a DC (let's face it, he's calling the shots there) can't be denied.    How he progresses in the other areas will ultimately determine his fate, but one thing I've learned is to expect a closer game when DEN is seen as a big dog - simply because Fangio's D plays up a lot better, unless it's a complete team.

On that note, I expect a closer game than KC-9 indicates, especially at home, and I'm definitely taking the under lol.

Yeah I like to be under too. 

13 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Drew was taking shots all game long against likely the best secondary they’ll see all year. This offense will be fun in time. 

Wow! Those were right on the money.

So, for those talking about coaching changes, QB changes etc. how 'bout we get really drastic and try two things for a while, stability and time. Actually let these kids play together with the same staff and system for a year or two and see what we've got. 

This could be exciting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

gotta say that second one was just a good defensive play tho. bad luck 

No doubt. It was a good football play from everyone involved. That secondary might be the best in football too. 

How bout Lock taking a shot to DaeSean Hamilton of all guys with maybe the best corner in football in coverage and putting it right on the money. We’ll see what Lock becomes with more reps but he’s fun as hell already. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

No doubt. It was a good football play from everyone involved. That secondary might be the best in football too. 

How bout Lock taking a shot to DaeSean Hamilton of all guys with maybe the best corner in football in coverage and putting it right on the money. We’ll see what Lock becomes with more reps but he’s fun as hell already. 

i feel like we are due for some (more) picks, but couldn't agree more. he is so fun to watch. finally we have someone back there to at least be invested in. 

Edited by champ11

20 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i feel like we are due for some (more) picks, but couldn't agree more. he is so fun to watch. finally we have someone back there to at least be invested in. 

Yeah if Shurmur is going to let Drew be Drew which he’s been doing, he’s gonna do a lot of stupid **** and have to learn his limitations as he goes. But give me that all day after years of guys who’d check it down all game and take awful sacks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Looking to next week - seems more & more likely Risner's shoulder injury is significant.  No word on the MRI, protecting our PS C/G to be activated, and now this.  Dang.

Maybe we'll get our first glimpse of Muti.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe we'll get our first glimpse of Muti.

Gotta think he's the swing interior guy, with plans for Schlottman to start if Risner can't go.   Of course, protecting Morris for activation could be the plan B too.

Edited by Broncofan