lomaxgrUK

WEEK 6 - (1-3) Broncos @ Patriots (2-2)

Now I’m not the OL expert that several of you are but I didn’t see a noticeable decrease when Risner was replaced by Schlottmann midway through the last game. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

29 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Now I’m not the OL expert that several of you are but I didn’t see a noticeable decrease when Risner was replaced by Schlottmann midway through the last game. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Schlottman is one of the best IOL backups in the NFL. He'd start for a lot of teams. 

IMO if we were in a win now mode instead of setting ourselves up for the next few years he'd be our starting center.

54 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Schlottman is one of the best IOL backups in the NFL. He'd start for a lot of teams. 

IMO if we were in a win now mode instead of setting ourselves up for the next few years he'd be our starting center.

Do you think Risner’s shoulder has been bothering him all year? I’ve heard some people critical of his play; Orlando Franklin on The Fan, who is far from a hot-take artist, said he’s not seeing the same player he saw last year and suspects he’s injured. He said that following the Jets game. Again, I’m not an OL expert but at the same time not a neophyte, and I haven’t seen the same player I saw last year. Maybe just a sophomore slump?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Do you think Risner’s shoulder has been bothering him all year? I’ve heard some people critical of his play; Orlando Franklin on The Fan, who is far from a hot-take artist, said he’s not seeing the same player he saw last year and suspects he’s injured. He said that following the Jets game. Again, I’m not an OL expert but at the same time not a neophyte, and I haven’t seen the same player I saw last year. Maybe just a sophomore slump?

It'd explain a lot. I've been wondering about his play since week 1. He's physically just getting beat on his one on ones and has been all year. That's not a sophomore slump, it's something else. 

It's really hard to tell from a sideline camera but if you can get an endzone view, watch his hands. That'll tell ya right there.

I am looking forward to seeing Schlottman in my game notes. Just doing the 2nd quarter now, but he's not in until the 2nd half I don't think.

I am definitely one of those who has seen a drop off in Risner's play this year, as my game notes have shown. Definitely struggling with power in his upper body, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's been carrying a shoulder injury.

18 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I am looking forward to seeing Schlottman in my game notes. Just doing the 2nd quarter now, but he's not in until the 2nd half I don't think.

I am definitely one of those who has seen a drop off in Risner's play this year, as my game notes have shown. Definitely struggling with power in his upper body, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's been carrying a shoulder injury.

And Risner doesn't seem like the guy who struggles with generating upper body power so something could definitely be up.

Add him to the list of noteable broncos players riding bikes on the sidelines

I dont think I have ever been as excited to watch a 2-3 team as this years Broncos. Stumbled out of the gate and some things look bad on paper like Lock's stats (His play has been much better than his stats IMO) but this team is bubbling with potential and its clear as day when you watch them. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

Reading the tea leaves, if all he can do is bike work and light non-contact drills, sounds like he's out this week (no doubt he'll do everything to try and play, but his progress this week doesn't sound great).   Hopefully it's not a more serious issue that lingers.

Edited by Broncofan

Confirmed: KJ Hamler, Noah Fant, Dre’Mont Jones and AJ Bouye all coming back this week. This upcoming stretch is the healthiest this defense will probably be all year, curious to see what their ceiling is. 

• Like 4

Good to see those guys coming back. And, KC has three starting O-linemen out (Schwartz, Tardif, and Osemele). I think that Mike Remmers, our SB 50 whipping boy, will be playing in Schwartz's place.

Just about every d-lineman we've got on the roster is active today. KC's banged up OL should be seeing fresh faces all day long.

I've actually got a good feeling about todays game.

Edited by AKRNA