GDT 10/18/20 Week 6: 4-1 Baltimore Ravens @ 1-3-1 Philadelphia Eagles

diamondbull424

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

because Flacco would pass to the RB on 3rd and longs

In fairness to Flacco, even before the massive regression he suffered, as a team we encouraged such behavior by giving him trash WRs & OCs but an excellent pass catching HB in Rice to work with 😂.

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

In fairness to Flacco, even before the massive regression he suffered, as a team we encouraged such behavior by giving him trash WRs & OCs but an excellent pass catching HB in Rice to work with 😂.

Dobbins needs to grind some Ray RIce tape. He has the hands and ability, but he's not moving with or without the ball correctly, yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

At least they allowed a chance for go ahead FG instead of a chance for a 2 point conversion tie?

Good point. But when PIT needed a drive at the end, they scored a TD. Meanwhile we committed a bunch of stupid penalties and punted. 

At this point I'd rather have PITs defense/coaching than ours. Eagles had two easy TDs in the first half that were flat out dropped. Our defense takes so many stupid risks and relies on the opposing offense to mess up. I just haven't seen any growth from Wink as a coach. Having a 24-6 in the second half against this team and the guy would rather get as many sacks as possible than play sound D. He's a wannabe Rex Ryan who wants to be HC. Our safeties are running around the backfield like DEs rather than playing coverage. He can get away with it against crappy teams, I just don't see a sound defense out there. 

24 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

My wife just set me straight y'all. LOL

Slammed the fridge door and she's like "Wtf are you so mad about? 5 years ago I remember you going to bed without talking to anyone because Flacco would pass to the RB on 3rd and longs" 

Word for word. I love her and now I'm optimistic again 😂😂😂

You know...she's not wrong.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Good point. But when PIT needed a drive at the end, they scored a TD. Meanwhile we committed a bunch of stupid penalties and punted. 

At this point I'd rather have PITs defense/coaching than ours. Eagles had two easy TDs in the first half that were flat out dropped. Our defense takes so many stupid risks and relies on the opposing offense to mess up. I just haven't seen any growth from Wink as a coach. Having a 24-6 in the second half against this team and the guy would rather get as many sacks as possible than play sound D. He's a wannabe Rex Ryan who wants to be HC. Our safeties are running around the backfield like DEs rather than playing coverage. He can get away with it against crappy teams, I just don't see a sound defense out there. 

Counterpoint: Ravens had 2+ easy interceptions that were dropped in the second half.

Honestly I do think the defense coasted a bit late, but there were also a lot of bounces and calls also going the Eagles way to give them a CHANCE to tie. Wink is doing well, IMO.

27 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

My wife just set me straight y'all. LOL

Slammed the fridge door and she's like "Wtf are you so mad about? 5 years ago I remember you going to bed without talking to anyone because Flacco would pass to the RB on 3rd and longs" 

Word for word. I love her and now I'm optimistic again 😂😂😂

The Ravens fanbase collectively needs to be forced to watch the Jets game with Joe Flacco going on right now to be reminded of what we've seen in the past. 

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The Ravens fanbase collectively needs to be forced to watch the Jets game with Joe Flacco going on right now to be reminded of what we've seen in the past. 

Yeah, I'm angry and we're 5-1. I guess it's just more frustration. The offense can be great and we're just sputtering. We're putting up points while playing downright mediocre. If it clicks, we can be great. 

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I mean, play so long as someone is willing to give you millions to do it(I Guess)- but our hero of old is capital s Shot

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Counterpoint: Ravens had 2+ easy interceptions that were dropped in the second half.

Honestly I do think the defense coasted a bit late, but there were also a lot of bounces and calls also going the Eagles way to give them a CHANCE to tie. Wink is doing well, IMO.

Fair enough, I'm just venting. We don't have many good QBs left on the schedule except for Big Ben twice and Tannehill. Maybe Dalton will be good with the Cowboys, he always performed well against us. Rivers doesn't scare me.

I just think Wink has a high risk, high reward style of defense that sometimes does not help at all. There are times when the team is best served with more conservative calls. I don't think Wink always knows when to dial back the risk.

Also, the big blitz cover-0 on 4th down can be effective when it is a surprise. But he's done that so much, I think other teams know it is coming now. IMO he's becoming a bit predictable.  

• Like 1