diamondbull424

GDT 10/18/20 Week 6: 4-1 Baltimore Ravens @ 1-3-1 Philadelphia Eagles

11 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Imagine if the offense really thrives without Boykin in. Who would take his place outside? I would imagine duvarney but who knows? I’m more worried with smith and peters being listed though.

Yeah it would be Duvernay, who is already taking snaps in 2-WR set personnel groupings right now.

Welp no Brandon Williams. Close contact. 

Edited by M.10.E

Do we call up Aaron Crawford from the PS?

Nothing on him but this-

Edited by DreamKid

52 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Probably. Sanders is really the only offensive piece that concerns me. With their receiver group and OLine I feel like we’ll dominate this game early if we shut down the run. With that said don’t want to be short handed along the line. Looking at his write up from when we signed him, seems like he should at least be able to contribute to early downs against the run. 

Aaron Crawford, DL, UNC
6’2”, 290

The nose tackle from Ashburn, Va. was a three-year starter at UNC and one of the Tar Heels’ best defenders in 2019. As a senior last season, Crawford started all 13 games and finished with 50 tackles, three sacks, and was tied for second on the team with 9.0 tackles-for-loss. His 31 stops (tackles that constitute a “failure” for the offense) ranked fifth among all Power 5 interior DL, according to Pro Football Focus. Crawford’s 91.2 run defensive grade was the best among P5 interior defensive linemen, according to PFF.

Crawford was Mr. Reliable for UNC and defensive coordinator Bateman this past season. He played 685 snaps and was snubbed in the All-ACC defensive awards. A former 247Sports Composite three-star prospect, Crawford had the third-best overall defensive grade (86.4) in the ACC and the second-best run defense grade in the nation (91.3). ~ Ross Martin, 247Sports.com

• Like 1

Not ideal to lose BW. The scenario where we lose this game is largely around us not being able to stop the run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Nope

I assume it'll be Washington and Ellis that'll cover BWill

Bad news: Our track record when trying to stop the run without BWil is....not good.

Good news: The current Eagles starting OL is probably among the worst in the NFL.

Makes sense. They've never minded going light at DI in recent years, and the Eagles aren't exactly fielding an All-Pro unit at OL or on offense in general. Just thought with Wolfe possibly being out too they might want that just one extra body.

Valuable reps to be had for guys like Madubuike and Washington. 

Madibuike showed up against the run last week. I’m sure he’s up for an expanded role this week. Played mostly on early downs last week, guessing he gets in some more pass rush situations. 

I’d love to see some offensive fireworks this week just to head into the bye with some good juice, but either way I think we end up at 5-1 and feeling pretty good about it.

excited for this game! The week hits differently without Thursday night football....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’d love to see some offensive fireworks this week just to head into the bye with some good juice, but either way I think we end up at 5-1 and feeling pretty good about it.

excited for this game! The week hits differently without Thursday night football....

Going to be a very memorable one for me personally. Not sure how much Of the game I’ll get to watch play to play, but first child (boy) was born yesterday and I’m planning to watch it with him in the hospital room (mom needs to stay for a couple days). 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Going to be a very memorable one for me personally. Not sure how much Of the game I’ll get to watch play to play, but first child (boy) was born yesterday and I’m planning to watch it with him in the hospital room (mom needs to stay for a couple days).

Congrats man. 

It sounds like the setting for one of those 'wacky' sitcom episodes where the dad is trying to sneak watch the game at every opportunity, and the mother in law and co. is all in a tizzy about it. Then as you're watching the game one of our players gets injured, like Mark Andrews or something, and he ends up at the same hospital as you. Naturally you and your buddies harass him like stereotypical fan boys, and he gets mad at first but then you guys kind of bond in a grounded yet still very distant way(Cause you're still a bit of a cooky fan). At the end everyone is happy, healthy, and fine, while they smile for a group picture and you hold a signed football from Mark that's wrapped in baby clothes next to your girl who's holding your actual kid.

There's some really sitcom-y final lines like-

*Everyone huddled around the hospital bed*

Mother in Law: -Scoffs- "Did you really have to wrap that football up like that..?"(referencing it being in baby clothes)

You: "Hey I already did you a favor once by not wrapping something up..it got you a grandkid...leave me alone".(Everyone has quick 'did he really say that face' before the hospital photographer says "Say Cheese" and everyone immediately throws on a genuine smile as the special moment is captured. 

In all seriousness, I hope it is a special day for you. Always good to hear some positive news coming out of a pretty awful year for so many. Let's get the little fella his first dub as a Ravens' fan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Congrats on the birth of your child, mah boi! Speedy recovery for the misses as well. 

Ravens gonna put in that work and get the W.

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

This is awesome bro! Good stuff!

• Like 2