Dexter: New Blood - Ep 1

INbengalfan

Showtime just announced a 10 ep return for Dexter.  Can they PLEASE make up for the last 15 minutes of that final episode?  Pretty please?  With sugar on top?

Saw it on CNN  https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/entertainment/dexter-showtime-return/index.html#:~:text=Showtime is bringing back 'Dexter'&text=(CNN) Some killer news for,a Golden Globe in 2010.

• Like 1

So excited for this. Getting the original showrunner on board is huge.

I still don't think the later seasons were as bad as everyone made them out to be. The love storyline was really bad and the last scene was horrible, but aside of that I still enjoyed them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I still don't think the later seasons were as bad as everyone made them out to be. The love storyline was really bad and the last scene was horrible, but aside of that I still enjoyed them. 

Agreed.  The first 4-5 seasons were awesome, and the last ones just weren't as good.  The finale was a trainwreck.  I hated that he let his son go with the blonde and went the opposite way to washington or Oregon or whatever

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Agreed.  The first 4-5 seasons were awesome, and the last ones just weren't as good.  The finale was a trainwreck.  I hated that he let his son go with the blonde and went the opposite way to washington or Oregon or whatever

Yeah, I mean it fit the character because the entire series he felt like everyone would be better without him, but I never got the kind of connection with him and Hannah that him and Rita had. Feels weird to just give his son to her. 

Still, my expectations are super high with Phillips back on board. 

• Like 1

Settle down everyone.  Read the article carefully.  This isn't going to be what you think it is.  It is going to be a look at his new career as a lumberjack.  The article says that the producers are trying to justify the original ending of the series.  

From what I've been able to discern, it looks like this is going to be really interesting because he is going to be able to use the forest, rather than the ocean, as a dumping ground. 

After you finish reading the article, make sure you wish international singing star Susan Boyle a very happy (and very early) birthday.  

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by moodman

10 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Settle down everyone.  Read the article carefully.  This isn't going to be what you think it is.  It is going to be a look at his new career as a lumberjack.  The article says that the producers are trying to justify the original ending of the series.  

From what I've been able to discern, it looks like this is going to be really interesting because he is going to be able to use the forest, rather than the ocean, as a dumping ground. 

After you finish reading the article, make sure you wish international singing star Susan Boyle a very happy (and very early) birthday.  

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by moodman

Yeah it's a continuation, but it still has Phillips on board who obviously understood the character much more than whoever took over for seasons 5-8.

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yeah it's a continuation, but it still has Phillips on board who obviously understood the character much more than whoever took over for seasons 5-8.

Oh, I was just being snarky.  I haven't read the article, but I know how much people hated the ending to the series.  My post was a complete fabrication, and me taking some lighthearted jabs at people who hated the ending.  :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonStark said:

His sister was a crucial character though, and she's dead.

“We want this to not be Dexter Season 9,” returning showrunner Clyde Phillips said. “Ten years, or however many years, have passed by the time this will air, and the show will reflect that time passage. So far as the ending of the show, this will have no resemblance to how the original finale was. It’s a great opportunity to write a second finale.”

“We’re not undoing anything,” Phillips maintained. “We’re not going to betray the audience and say, ‘Whoops, that was all a dream.’ What happened in the first eight years happened in the first eight years.”

Michael C. Hall, sharing his own take on the original series finale, told The Daily Beast in 2014, “Liked it? I don’t think I even watched it,” adding: “I thought it was narratively satisfying — but it was not so savoury…. Just inherently because of how long we’d done it, because of the storytelling capital we’d spent, because our writers may have been gassed… Maybe some people wanted a more satisfying-maybe they wanted a happy ending for him, either a happy ending or a more definitive sense of closure.”

https://tvline.com/2020/10/16/dexter-revival-lumberjack-ending-deb-dead/

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

His sister was a crucial character though, and she's dead.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how he deals with that. I'm assuming pretty much everyone from the original show will be in the past, and this will be about his new life that he's already settled in with.