Chiefs sign RB Le'Veon Bell

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, FinSting said:

Good job with the recrootin', Chiefs

Chief didn't have to recruit.  They are right now what the Patriots were for 2 decades. Odds on favorites , Legit SB Contender for the foreseeable future.

Add the fact Andy's Offense's have always made RB look good, Top 3 Offense, Stud QB, Weapons galore. No need for a pitch!!! I'd be shocked if it was the Chiefs and not Bells agent who made the  first contact.

Those not liking the move are just haters. You can never, ever have to much depth.  The fact it's on the cheap makes it even more of a no brainer. 

Just another toy DC at the very minimum,  have to account for.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Clyde is everything they hoped for. They just need to use him more. 

He's one snap away from the Chiefs having very little at the RB position. You can never have to much depth, ever!!!

Hell the absurd amount of injuries through 5 weeks is proof of just that. This is nothing more then an insurance policy and another piece DC have to game plan for, "Just in Case". Even if its 10 plays a game, they have to account for.

No brainer signing IMO!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's one snap away from the Chiefs having very little at the RB position. You can never have to much depth, ever!!!

Hell the absurd amount of injuries through 5 weeks is proof of just that. This is nothing more then an insurance policy and another piece DC have to game plan for, "Just in Case". Even if its 10 plays a game, they have to account for.

No brainer signing IMO!

Yeah, but I don't know enough about the other RB's on their roster either. Bell is probably an upgrade over them and maybe even Williams. So yeah I get it for that. 

But yahoo was already talking about how Bell could easily take over for the RB1 spot over Clyde! That's what got me worked up lol. 

2 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah, but I don't know enough about the other RB's on their roster either. Bell is probably an upgrade over them and maybe even Williams. So yeah I get it for that. 

But yahoo was already talking about how Bell could easily take over for the RB1 spot over Clyde! That's what got me worked up lol. 

I think you are over-rating CEH. Have you watched their games? Outside of opening night they were all pretty pedestrian on the ground. 

14 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Darrel Williams is decent but nothing special. He's mostly been used on 3rd down to block with the occasional touch. Darwin Thompson hasn't been good on offense. Since fumbling he hasn't touched the ball and has been relegated to special teams. I think he's cut. DeAndre Washington was called up from the practice squad and hasn't played a snap.

Bell will be a rotational piece and an upgrade at RB3 at worst. Ideally, he splits with CEH to keep both fresh all season long.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Are the chiefs freaking out after a loss? I don't understand this for the chiefs. Bell is a lazy ****. That's why he signed with the chiefs. He knew he'd be 2nd-3rd string and still be on a winning team. But I don't think it will take long for the chiefs to see how lazy he is. I guess it makes sense strictly for depth purposes. 

Clyde is everything they hoped for. They just need to use him more. 

He certainly won't be third string. He'll get a share of the touches along with CEH. Depth at RB has been a weak spot since Damien Williams opted out of the season, so he'll likely fill what would have been his share of the touches. Darwin Thompson has a lot of fans due to his athleticism, but he already fumbled in only 6 touches, and that's a quick way to get in Reid's doghouse, and he's really just not put it together as far as receiving/blocking. Darrel Williams is a bit more steady than Thompson, but really has quite a low ceiling, and he isn't a very versatile back either. Good power option on like dives and short yardage, but that's really it. Okay, but unspectacular pass blocker. So CEH is by far our best RB at every aspect of the position, so every time he comes off the field, the step down is huge, regardless of the play call. Bell makes sense to share the load for that reason.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think you are over-rating CEH. Have you watched their games? Outside of opening night they were all pretty pedestrian on the ground. 

Our OL, especially after losing Osemele, aren't the best run blockers. Interior OL is definitely a need in the offseason.

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yeah, CEH has done well, but that opening night game has translated to a lot of Kareem Hunt style rookie season hype, and he hasn't quite been that great. There's some OL and Andy Reid elements in there to his productivity, but regardless, a boost to the run game would certainly be welcome.

23 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I've been watching almost all their games. Clyde is killing it on every run he has even a little space. The frustrating thing they might have is the goal line carries he was getting stuffed. I don't know if that was his fault though. 

I cant believe there is anyone out there who doesnt understand this move for either side

Chiefs get clear and obvious RB2 upgrade and hedge against injury risk

Leveon gets to be a rotational part of a good offense, meaning he can raise his efficiency numbers while also taking less hits, which is ideal considering he is going to be a FA in 3-5 months. Oh, and he gets to have fun/win while doing it. 

Just now, N4L said:

Leveon gets to be a rotational part of a good offense, meaning he can raise his efficiency numbers while also taking less hits, which is ideal considering he is going to be a FA in 3-5 months. Oh, and he gets to have fun/win while doing it. 

It sets him up for another big payday which will almost make him whole again after what he passed up in Pittsburgh!

Thank god Bell is a moron.

I like the signing. We need another RB to spread the load with CEH. Bell is versatiln, can do it all and especially his pass protection will be an asset we need. I'm interested to see how much he has left in the tank. But this does feel like a 2000s Patriots move. Definitiely a better signing than Shady last year.