Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Chiefs sign RB Le'Veon Bell

Recommended Posts

Excellent signing. Our backup running backs were trash and Eric Bienemy gets a talented RB to scheme into our offense

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Guy towards the end of his career signs with the team with the best odds to win it all. Feel like I've read the story before. 

This is wrong though. Odds are probably GB first, Seattle then KC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kirill said:

Excellent signing. Our backup running backs were trash and Eric Bienemy gets a talented RB to scheme into our offense

I loved Bienemy in Minnesota. He used Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor perfectly. He'll be a great HC someday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I loved Bienemy in Minnesota. He used Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor perfectly. He'll be a great HC someday.

I hope so...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/$690k with up to $1mm in incentives?

Even if he's just a dude sitting on the sideline, it's a deal. They're buying on potential. If he plays at his Pitt level, it's probably the biggest steal of this season; If he plays at his Jets level, it's no loss whatsoever for KC.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

1/$690k with up to $1mm in incentives?

Even if he's just a dude sitting on the sideline, it's a deal. They're buying on potential. If he plays at his Pitt level, it's probably the biggest steal of this season; If he plays at his Jets level, it's no loss whatsoever for KC.

Plays well. Gets an ok contact in the off season and earn a comp pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ET80 said:

1/$690k with up to $1mm in incentives?

Even if he's just a dude sitting on the sideline, it's a deal. They're buying on potential. If he plays at his Pitt level, it's probably the biggest steal of this season; If he plays at his Jets level, it's no loss whatsoever for KC.

He's going to be 30 next year so a 1 year deal is a good deal. Even if it's only a third of what he was with the Steelers as a situational back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good signing. He’s still a good player. He was getting consistently hit 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage last year. So while his ypc look bad, it also shows how much he did with less than nothing. This year’s OL has been a bit better, but in typical Gase fashion, he barely ran Bell behind this really big guy we have on the left side of our OL. 

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Good signing. He’s still a good player. He was getting consistently hit 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage last year. So while his ypc look bad, it also shows how much he did with less than nothing. This year’s OL has been a bit better, but in typical Gase fashion, he barely ran Bell behind this really big guy we have on the left side of our OL. 

It was that bad last year, often hit behind the line? He still had lots of total yards though, the guy can play. 

I remember the Dolphins-Steelers playoff game in 2017 when Bell was simply unstoppable....how TF can you run the ball 29 times and STILL average 5.8 yards per carry? Andy Reid is probably chuckling in glee about this new asset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sarcasm?

Maybe a slight exaggeration. CEH doesn't look ready to run between the tackles. He's a 3rd down back who needs to work on his blocking. It was a big overreach to draft him in the 1st, he seems more like a 4th round talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Maybe a slight exaggeration. CEH doesn't look ready to run between the tackles. He's a 3rd down back who needs to work on his blocking. It was a big overreach to draft him in the 1st, he seems more like a 4th round talent. 

Yeesh. I had him similar to Maurice Jones-Drew, who had a "1st round pick" career after getting passed on in the first round. 

I had him as an option for the Texans at 2.20 (52 overall). This was before David Johnson...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeesh. I had him similar to Maurice Jones-Drew, who had a "1st round pick" career after getting passed on in the first round. 

I had him as an option for the Texans at 2.20 (52 overall). This was before David Johnson...

The fact that CEH was picked before Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins is just silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The fact that CEH was picked before Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins is just silly. 

I mean...I won't argue that too much, but CEH fits that KC offense well. He's very similar to Brian Westbrook, a guy Andy Reid had great success with.

He wasn't the best RB available, but he WAS the best RB for KC - if that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...