Chiefs sign RB Le'Veon Bell

RaidersAreOne

1/$690k with up to $1mm in incentives?

Even if he's just a dude sitting on the sideline, it's a deal. They're buying on potential. If he plays at his Pitt level, it's probably the biggest steal of this season; If he plays at his Jets level, it's no loss whatsoever for KC.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Even if he's just a dude sitting on the sideline, it's a deal. They're buying on potential. If he plays at his Pitt level, it's probably the biggest steal of this season; If he plays at his Jets level, it's no loss whatsoever for KC.

Plays well. Gets an ok contact in the off season and earn a comp pick.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

He's going to be 30 next year so a 1 year deal is a good deal. Even if it's only a third of what he was with the Steelers as a situational back. 

Good signing. He’s still a good player. He was getting consistently hit 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage last year. So while his ypc look bad, it also shows how much he did with less than nothing. This year’s OL has been a bit better, but in typical Gase fashion, he barely ran Bell behind this really big guy we have on the left side of our OL. 

Edited by SDotNova

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Good signing. He’s still a good player. He was getting consistently hit 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage last year. So while his ypc look bad, it also shows how much he did with less than nothing. This year’s OL has been a bit better, but in typical Gase fashion, he barely ran Bell behind this really big guy we have on the left side of our OL. 

It was that bad last year, often hit behind the line? He still had lots of total yards though, the guy can play. 

I remember the Dolphins-Steelers playoff game in 2017 when Bell was simply unstoppable....how TF can you run the ball 29 times and STILL average 5.8 yards per carry? Andy Reid is probably chuckling in glee about this new asset. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Maybe a slight exaggeration. CEH doesn't look ready to run between the tackles. He's a 3rd down back who needs to work on his blocking. It was a big overreach to draft him in the 1st, he seems more like a 4th round talent. 

Yeesh. I had him similar to Maurice Jones-Drew, who had a "1st round pick" career after getting passed on in the first round. 

I had him as an option for the Texans at 2.20 (52 overall). This was before David Johnson...

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeesh. I had him similar to Maurice Jones-Drew, who had a "1st round pick" career after getting passed on in the first round. 

I had him as an option for the Texans at 2.20 (52 overall). This was before David Johnson...

The fact that CEH was picked before Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins is just silly. 

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The fact that CEH was picked before Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins is just silly. 

I mean...I won't argue that too much, but CEH fits that KC offense well. He's very similar to Brian Westbrook, a guy Andy Reid had great success with.

He wasn't the best RB available, but he WAS the best RB for KC - if that makes sense.