Week 6 GDT: Texans vs Titans

Pastor Dillon

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

its gonna take years to undo the damage that O'Brien did to this team

i mean, maybe, but watson, watt and those receivers can erase a lot of deficiencies. if the texans hit on their hire i expect to see them compete for the division immediately next year.

Who would have thought a defense starting practice squad and street FA's would suck?  

Brandon Dunn - UDFA - the consummate Weaver-type player - 6 seasons here and you can't count 4 plays he's made  (anyone remember that 1 career sack Weaver got for us)? 

PJ Hall - high draft pick to dumped street FA - how 'bout not signing Raiders flops and keeping your one draft steal of the decade (DJ Reader)?

Tyrell Adams - UDFA (dude illustrates just how completely replaceable McKinney has always been, but $49 million cheaper)

Brennan Scarlett - this loser has been with us 5 seasons now!  Is pushing Zakk Diles,  Petey Faggins,  Jesse Nading, and Eddie Pleasant for the Texans Mount Rushmore of "how is this guy still on the roster, better yet getting snaps, better yet starting" 

Vernon Hargreaves - high draft pick to dumped street FA, should get a piece of turf as a momento for just bailing out and flopping at the feet of Henry

Erik Murray - funny how the Texans have to relearn every 3 years that safeties that can cover TE's/RBs are kinda important - how 'bout not signing Browns backups

Dylan Cole - this dude has been living off 3 or 4 decent plays 4 years and 3 acls ago 

Dump em all:  Justin Reid, JJ are the only two keepers.  Zach C, maybe after 2 months of Oklahoma drills.  Get some picks for Mercilus and Roby.  Play the rooks.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Who would have thought a defense starting practice squad and street FA's would suck?  

Brandon Dunn - UDFA - the consummate Weaver-type player - 6 seasons here and you can't count 4 plays he's made  (anyone remember that 1 career sack Weaver got for us)? 

PJ Hall - high draft pick to dumped street FA - how 'bout not signing Raiders flops and keeping your one draft steal of the decade (DJ Reader)?

Tyrell Adams - UDFA (dude illustrates just how completely replaceable McKinney has always been, but $49 million cheaper)

Brennan Scarlett - this loser has been with us 5 seasons now!  Is pushing Zakk Diles,  Petey Faggins,  Jesse Nading, and Eddie Pleasant for the Texans Mount Rushmore of "how is this guy still on the roster, better yet getting snaps, better yet starting" 

Vernon Hargreaves - high draft pick to dumped street FA, should get a piece of turf as a momento for just bailing out and flopping at the feet of Henry

Erik Murray - funny how the Texans have to relearn every 3 years that safeties that can cover TE's/RBs are kinda important - how 'bout not signing Browns backups

Dylan Cole - this dude has been living off 3 or 4 decent plays 4 years and 3 acls ago 

Dump em all:  Justin Reid, JJ are the only two keepers.  Zach C, maybe after 2 months of Oklahoma drills.  Get some picks for Mercilus and Roby.  Play the rooks.    

Without an actually GM in here wheeling and dealing, thinking about the future, we are stuck

Not a real shocker here: Yesterday and the 601 yards given up by the defense is the worst output allowed by the Texans defense in franchise history.

Given our history back in the Richard Smith/Frank Bush days, you know that's a huge mark to hit as a unit.

And now, for the "irrelevant and misleading stat of the year" - the Texans are the worst defense in football (literally ranked 32) any time Jonathan Joseph is not a Texan...

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not a real shocker here: Yesterday and the 601 yards given up by the defense is the worst output allowed by the Texans defense in franchise history.

Given our history back in the Richard Smith/Frank Bush days, you know that's a huge mark to hit as a unit.

And now, for the "irrelevant and misleading stat of the year" - the Texans are the worst defense in football (literally ranked 32) any time Jonathan Joseph is not a Texan...

Joseph for Tunsil?

Not exactly football related I guess, but is Crennel okay? I noticed multiple times they showed him on the sidelines and he looked to be grimacing in pain, other times grabbing his back, etc.

Hopefully it's nothing major. Crennel seems like one of the genuinely good people in the league, I've always took a liking to him, and it seems pretty obvious the TExans players agree playing much harder for him than BoB.

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not exactly football related I guess, but is Crennel okay? I noticed multiple times they showed him on the sidelines and he looked to be grimacing in pain, other times grabbing his back, etc.

Hopefully it's nothing major. Crennel seems like one of the genuinely good people in the league, I've always took a liking to him, and it seems pretty obvious the TExans players agree playing much harder for him than BoB.

He’s just really old 

54 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Hadn't heard anything, but wouldn't be surprised if he's coaching from the booth a few times this season...

He wasn't in great shape last season, which is why he stepped down and yielded way to Anthony Weaver.

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Hadn't heard anything, but wouldn't be surprised if he's coaching from the booth a few times this season...

He wasn't in great shape last season, which is why he stepped down and yielded way to Anthony Weaver.

Can you imagine having to replace our interim HC mid-season. Has that ever happened? Having an interim, interim HC?

• Like 1