Week 6 GDT - Lions in the Superdome - Oct 15 Noon CST

Dome

The Fire Payton bandwagon should probably be slowed down because of the excellent post I think by whodatworm, but not sure, the trade/not resign Brees train should still be in full swing, especially if we can get someone like Jimmy G.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

I really don't want to get ahead of myself with this team after some past years, but 6-2 is a very real possibility. On the road vs a Rodgers-less Packers and home games vs Bears/Bucs. 

I wont get into predicting records but if this young team can remain healthy and continue to improve each week while cleaning up some of their mental mistakes, this could turn into a special season... could.

12 hours ago, Raves said:

The Fire Payton bandwagon should probably be slowed down because of the excellent post I think by whodatworm, but not sure, the trade/not resign Brees train should still be in full swing, especially if we can get someone like Jimmy G.

I'll wait and see how Brees finishes the year.  He had a bad second half, but some of it was due to playcalling.  He threw two picks, and while the last one was terrible, it was his first real pick of the season, which isn't bad after five games.  The offense in general seems to be trying to rely on Brees less this year, and he may finish with less than 30tds for the first time in a decade.  But if he also keeps the number of picks low, he's still our best bet at QB I think for at least one more year.

6 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Yall must have forgotten the Superdome Thriller in 2015 (I don't blame you):

Saints 51 - Giants 48

Oh no, I'll never forget that game.  That 50 point game was a masterpiece for our offense while this one is a masterpiece for our defense.

22 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Oh no, I'll never forget that game.  That 50 point game was a masterpiece for our offense while this one is a masterpiece for our defense.

Masterpiece for our defense seems...... generous. We had some very, very sloppy series as a defense...

56 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Masterpiece for our defense seems...... generous. We had some very, very sloppy series as a defense...

We had 3 defensive scores though and an NFL record number of passes defensed.  A few sloppy series in the middle, but they started strong and finished strong.

Lions scored 38 points.  A pick 6 and a special teams score brings that to 24.  Our defense scored 21 points on their own, so that leaves a net 3 points given up.

5 hours ago, Breesus said:

Does anyone wonder if it is our defense playing well or is it the opposing offenses playing poorly? Or maybe a combination of both? 

Not so sure... Panthers offense been on fire and we held them to 13. Lions have one of best offenses in NFL and we scored 3 defensive TDs off them while holding them to 24 scored. Dolphins offense wasnt good but we shut them out which is hard to do to ANY nfl offense. The trajectory of this defense is on a big time rise... I actually believe there just good and getting better.

Archived