Week 6 GDT - Lions in the Superdome - Oct 15 Noon CST

Dome

21 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

On the other hand, Panthers could be undefeated right now if we didn't go into their house and just completely demolish their entire franchise. That was a pretty good win lol. 

One win was nice but its whos consistant over a 16 game season.

20 hours ago, saintsfan said:

Not really a fan but my roommate has season tickets and asked if I wanted to go. Fun game to be at :P

Ha. Sounds like me in a few weeks. Buddy is a Seahawks fan. He bought plane tickets, game tickets (Hawks vs. Texans), rental car, everything, and asked if I wanted to go. Uhhh, yes? lol

So the Lions come to town, we have to win this game! We've got a little bit of momentum after a slow start, so let's just hope the bye didn't upset that any.

Stafford is nursing an ankle and hamstring injury, so that's good (for us). We have to be careful of his backup, Jake Ruddok, who is pretty accurate.

The Lions O-line has allowed a boatload of sacks, so if we can get pressure, I think we're in good shape. If not, we all know Stafford will pick us apart.

Keep the run game down and pressure Stafford and we can win this. 

I'm really hoping to see some continuity with the run game now.

Regarding the running game:

The staff has had an extra week to look at everything that is and isn't working with our "new" duo out of the backfield, and we're rid of that Aaron Pedersin guy. This makes me excited to see what our coaching can do with these guys.

Ingram remains quite the receiver out of the backfield with 8.3 yards per reception. Now we just need to get him back into rushing shape. Feed the guy and get him into a rhythm. That's more likely now with 28 gone.

Kamara is actually out performing Ingram in YPC rushing, by quite a bit, but he's only had about 1/3 the carries, so it's too soon to make any judgement there as to who's the better weapon.

Either way, the duo can receive out of the backfield incredibly well. If we can improve the rushing game, and perhaps rhythm is the key, then we're going to win some great games.

Side note: Kamara was 10 for 10 in targets/receptions vs. the Dolphins. That's crazy good!!!
Ingram was 5 for 5 vs. the Vikings. 
Keep these numbers going, and that dilutes the defense by quite a bit.
Brees could have a great game Sunday if we keep him clean.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Side note: Kamara was 10 for 10 in targets/receptions vs. the Dolphins. That's crazy good!!!
Ingram was 5 for 5 vs. the Vikings. 
Keep these numbers going, and that dilutes the defense by quite a bit.
Brees could have a great game Sunday if we keep him clean.

Exact reason AP wasn't a good fit. Saints pass, A LOT. They need versatile backs so that no matter which back is in the game, the defense doesn't know it it's a run or a pass because everything is an option. 

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Exact reason AP wasn't a good fit. Saints pass, A LOT. They need versatile backs so that no matter which back is in the game, the defense doesn't know it it's a run or a pass because everything is an option. 

True, but if he was still capable of his near MVP production, it wouldn't have mattered.  He clearly has lost a lot of burst.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

True, but if he was still capable of his near MVP production, it wouldn't have mattered.  He clearly has lost a lot of burst.

Agree to disagree here.

AP has never been much of a receiving back, and he would never get the volume of carries required to achieve that MVP production. The Saints weren't going to suddenly change their identity from a passing team to a ground and pound team.

Questionable

Terron Armstead (LP - shoulder)

WR Willie Snead (LP - hamstring)

Andrus Peat (LP - hip)

Full Practice

CB Sterling Moore (pectoral)

RB Trey Edmunds (concussion)

TE Josh Hill (concussion)

DETROIT LIONS INJURY REPORT

Out

LB Paul Worrilow (DNP - knee)

Questionable

DE Ezekiel Ansah (LP - knee)

T.J. Lang (DNP - back)

WR Kenny Golladay (LP - hamstring)

Rick Wagner (LP - shoulder)

RB Dwayne Washington (LP - quadricep)

QB Matthew Stafford (FP - ankle)

Full Practice

Glover Quin (groin)

LB Tahir Whitehead (pectoral)

Greg Robinson (non-injury related)

27 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Saints signed Bryce Harris. Wouldn’t be surprised if Armstead can’t to go and they need Ramy at LT still 

If Armstead cant go the shuffle appears to be Ram at RT and Peat at LT with Klemete at LG... I think Harris signing had alot to do with Peat being added to the injury report.

11 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

If Armstead cant go the shuffle appears to be Ram at RT and Peat at LT with Klemete at LG... I think Harris signing had alot to do with Peat being added to the injury report.

If we start Harris at LT we should start Daniel at QB.

Or TLL cause at least he can run for his life.

Archived