Week 6 GDT - Lions in the Superdome - Oct 15 Noon CST

Dome

6 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

We had 3 defensive scores though and an NFL record number of passes defensed.  A few sloppy series in the middle, but they started strong and finished strong.

Lions scored 38 points.  A pick 6 and a special teams score brings that to 24.  Our defense scored 21 points on their own, so that leaves a net 3 points given up.

Again. Just saying masterpiece is a strong word for the crap that happened on a few drives. 

IMO masterpiece is what they did against Miami. 

6 hours ago, Breesus said:

Does anyone wonder if it is our defense playing well or is it the opposing offenses playing poorly? Or maybe a combination of both? 

No, our defense is playing well. Being very opportunistic and reading plays much better than they did last year.

Not many unforced error by other teams, our guys are just finally doing what they're supposed to out there. 

5 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Again. Just saying masterpiece is a strong word for the crap that happened on a few drives. 

IMO masterpiece is what they did against Miami. 

The only difference was, Miami is complete garbage on offense.

Our defense is so young and has been crap for so long, honestly, I don't think they knew what to do with what they were doing. You know, kind of a shell shocked type thing.

The collapse came right after the half when most young teams have been singing their own praises in the locker room and then BAM!!!! Snap back to reality.

I think the way they snapped back into it shows what they're capable of, and you know they're not going to let a slide like that happen again.

12 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Oh my god. 

Was I just optimistic about our future under Sean Payton?

Honestly don't think that's happened since the collapse of 2014. 

You and worm have both been saying some optimistic things, freaking me out tbh. Somehow it's rubbing off on me lol. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

You and worm have both been saying some optimistic things, freaking me out tbh. Somehow it's rubbing off on me lol. 

Blasphemy. Don't make me come in here and be the pessimist, cause I'll do it dammit! Just because I haven't finished painting the flames on the side of the suck train doesn't mean I don't still have the stencil! 

Payton's playcalling is still super suspect, and I still think he's a subpar head coach. It is refreshing to see the Saints playing some defense though. I'm gonna give Payton 0 credit for this though :D

Trey could be our starting DE opposite Cam, he's coming on STRONG. But then again Okafor has been playing well as well. 

IMO next year he'll be a full time starter. Two tipped passes for him in the game too. Along with a handful of pressures. 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

You just made my month! Reminds me of my brother, Billy Badarse, rocking me when I thought I was hot shiz back in the day. 

If that's not the play of the day, I don't know what is. A pancake sack.... AWESOME! 

Nice find, Dome! 

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Blasphemy. Don't make me come in here and be the pessimist, cause I'll do it dammit! Just because I haven't finished painting the flames on the side of the suck train doesn't mean I don't still have the stencil! 

Payton's playcalling is still super suspect, and I still think he's a subpar head coach. It is refreshing to see the Saints playing some defense though. I'm gonna give Payton 0 credit for this though :D

This made me laugh. I don't know you, I've never heard your voice, but I have assigned you one that made these entire two paragraphs absolutely hilarious!

Cheers! (Jack in hand, Iowa chops on the grill)

I don't mean to toot my own horn, ok who am I kidding, but I said after the Miami game that was our defense really that bad or was the Minnesota and Patriots offenses really that capable.  I think those two offenses when they are clicking and fully healthy can make any defense look stupid, and our defense did, especially with a lot of young guys needing more and more experience.  After those 2 games of experience plus hte hit or miss offenses of Carolina and Miami, they seemed to have found their footing against Detroit, though Detroit also gave them the valuable lesson that the game isn't over until it's over.  I predicted 10-6 nad the playoffs before the season started, I'm sticking to it, though with the Rodgers injury it might be 11-5 as I expected that game to be a loss.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

I don't mean to toot my own horn, ok who am I kidding, but I said after the Miami game that was our defense really that bad or was the Minnesota and Patriots offenses really that capable.  I think those two offenses when they are clicking and fully healthy can make any defense look stupid, and our defense did, especially with a lot of young guys needing more and more experience.  After those 2 games of experience plus hte hit or miss offenses of Carolina and Miami, they seemed to have found their footing against Detroit, though Detroit also gave them the valuable lesson that the game isn't over until it's over.  I predicted 10-6 nad the playoffs before the season started, I'm sticking to it, though with the Rodgers injury it might be 11-5 as I expected that game to be a loss.

We'll be underdogs for what, a couple of games? Has the potential to be a very good season. @ Bills could be underdogs. @ Rams could be underdogs. And depending on how they're looking, @ Falcons. That's it. We'll be favored for every other game if we keep playing like this, and could even be favorites for some of those. 11-5 is a real possibility.

Of course, half of me just expects our defense to turn into 2012 Saints reincarnate at any moment just because I'm scarred from our past defenses lol. 

10 hours ago, Raves said:

I think the 2 biggest things that happened with this were the unit as a whole needing more experience together to work all the kinks out, and switching Harris for Crawley at CB has been absolutely huge. I'd also agree that the Patriots and Vikings have some very talented offenses as well that certainly didn't help against a very inexperienced defense at the time.

Archived