Patriots cancel practice and media availability amid rumors of more positive tests

pwny

Why dont they just do testing of all players and whoever has 3 negative tests in a row has to play. If they Patriots have to sit players, thats what practice squad guys are for. I dont know how they can posssibly push this game back and not play. If worst comes to worst have the Pats just forfeit.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why dont they just do testing of all players and whoever has 3 negative tests in a row has to play. If they Patriots have to sit players, thats what practice squad guys are for. I dont know how they can posssibly push this game back and not play. If worst comes to worst have the Pats just forfeit.

The problem is more then likely next few days there will be more positive tests. The incubation period is so close to the next game if you play and spread to the broncos going to cause a massive problem for the NFL. Sadly Forfeit might be best case but next week could also be problematic.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

What's going on in New England, are they so arrogant they can't put on a little mask or just  ????  Feels like a forfeit is in order IMO.

Problem is they go home to there families who are with other people in the world/schools no one's fault. Im just hopeful we don't see team to team spread during games. That's when we will see massive problems. 

9 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

What's going on in New England, are they so arrogant they can't put on a little mask or just  ????  Feels like a forfeit is in order IMO.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/10/06/bill-belichick-explains-two-masks-patriots-chiefs-nfl-week-4/

The team have been masked up at practices. One obviously caught it outside of the facility and it has spread - maybe it was the Cam and Stephon meal, who knows. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

A thought I've been mulling recently: how important to the NFL was that Titans win over the Bills on Tuesday? I'm leaning towards not very but it got me thinking: Suppose the Bills won something like 35-7 (something a few were definitely expecting), this could have been spun as ammo for the 'shutdown the NFL' crowd; used as evidence that a team dealing with a covid outbreak, potentially with several important players unable to suit up, unable to conduct in person preparations all week, is simply unable to compete against an opponent that isn't dealing with all those things.

That the Titans not only won, but won convincingly, could now be spun in the opposite direction; that it's not a big deal if you have to practice virtually and teams shouldn't worry about competitiveness if they have to shutdown facilities or have bye weeks re-scheduled and all that.

For the record I'm happy that I still have NFL content but am disappointed that the league doesn't appear to have a well thought out plan in place to deal with this.

Edited by Fray32

17 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

nope, it's pats, they get a pass from goodell. Just carry on shall we👏

is this game going to happen this week? Lets see of the goodwills find an  excuse