Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

MNF GDT: Chiefs @ Bills

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Don't worry guys, you get a bye week vs the Jets and can get some feel good moments again!   

Ehh as much as the bills need a quick victory it is still concerning that the bills cant win against a contending team. We want to be superbowl caliber not playoff caliber because we beat inferior teams and then get smoked in the 1st round. We need solid wins against teams coming up such as the Seahawks and Steelers, not to mention other competitive teams like Patriots and Cardinals. I would never sleep on the Jets or Phins because they are division rivals and no matter how bad a team is they still show up against a division rival whether it is the 1st or 2nd showing in the season. The issue we bills fans are having is because we saw the bills def shine last year and they fixed the off this year and now the def is lacking even though a couple of small pieces left and were said to be filled when in actuality they werent. (Zo, Jordan Phillips, and as much as I hate to say it but Star too). With Milano not healthy this year and last year being a fluke season where he didnt miss any time proves he is a solid player but health is a concern and the bills need more consistency at that position long term and I do not see milano being that guy because he is injury prone.

Allen was in 'hero ball' mode for a majority of the first half, then Daboll lost all trust in him for a majority of the 2nd half until the game was almost over. Again, with Josh it's mostly decision making rather than accuracy. He wasn't scanning the field like he was in the first 4 games. He wasn't sticking in the pocket, though, to be fair, the o-line was really bad on Monday. By far their worst game of the season. Part of that is probably due to Allen not picking up the blitzes pre-snap. Just an awful effort on the offensive side of the ball. Allen needs to calm the f down.

The defense was bad again. The gave up the run to slow down Mahomes, and honestly- it held KC in check for most of the game score wise, but I have to believe if Buffalo's offense was even the least bit threatening they would've unleashed Mahomes who had a modest game yardage wise, but was super efficient with the throws he had to make. 

My biggest gripe is the D-line. There's a lot of money tied up in that line, and they're mediocre at best. It's a bit concerning that Beane has yet to assemble a d-line that can consistently pressure the QB while spending a ton of resources there (draft picks + salary). I'm happy he wants to invest in the most important aspect of the defense, but as of right now- he failed at assembling a crew that can pressure the QB.

It should also be noted that the quality of competition has increased tenfold compared to last year. No longer are we facing the Mariotas, Daltons, Ducks, etc...of the league. We're playing very strong offenses in the Rams, Raiders, and Chiefs. A lot of defenses look pedestrian against these type of teams. 

Finally, a trade needs to be made soon. Beane needs to find someone to fill Star's role. We also need CB to cover the slot. Unfortunately, a pass rusher and LB will likely have to wait until the offseason. 

Hopefully the offense can begin to light it up again because if they start regressing while the defense struggles to find their identity we're going to be in deep trouble in the 2nd half of the season, which actually doesn't look quite as threatening as the stretch we just went through. These past 4 games is likely the toughest stretch we're going to have all season and we went 2-2. Hopefully McD can bring the boys together.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

nother thing is the Bass story should be over. He may have beat out Hausch but his performance Is unacceptable. Had he made that fg before half the bills would have had a chance at the end to do something rather they were down 9 with 1:15 to go. Just changed the dynamic of the game by missing stuff like this and they need to find someone who is more consistent as he has yet to prove he can do the one thing his job requires which is make fgs. 

If a kicker is consistent, they aren’t a free agent right now. Kicking woes are effecting a lot of teams right now. 

A missed 52 yarder in the pouring rain is hardly the end of the world. And let’s be honest, if it was 23-20, KC would have scored a touchdown at the end of the game and not settled for 3.

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Hopefully the offense can begin to light it up again because if they start regressing while the defense struggles to find their identity we're going to be in deep trouble in the 2nd half of the season, which actually doesn't look quite as threatening as the stretch we just went through. These past 4 games is likely the toughest stretch we're going to have all season and we went 2-2. Hopefully McD can bring the boys together.

The next 4 is going to make or break this season. If we lose to the Patriots at home then we are The biggest joke and pretenders I’ve ever seen. 

That said, I can see us going 4-0 lol.

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If a kicker is consistent, they aren’t a free agent right now. Kicking woes are effecting a lot of teams right now. 

A missed 52 yarder in the pouring rain is hardly the end of the world. And let’s be honest, if it was 23-20, KC would have scored a touchdown at the end of the game and not settled for 3.

Its not just a 52 yd fg, he has missed 3 fg already this year and an extra point. He is to inconsistent, making 66.7% percent of his fg is awful. You make a trade for one by a team that is looking to clean house on a rebuild that has a clutch kicker. Anything at this point is better then this guy. To many excuses for this kid and all you do is kick a ball thats your only job, if it were any other position I could understand but kicker and punters have the easiest of tasks to do you either have it or you dont and your not going to get better. He was inconsistent in college (54 of 68 fg) and inconsistent now. The only thing that separated him from Hausch was his leg and jjust cause you can boom it doesnt mean you can make it, which he clearly proved. As for whether or not KC would have gone for the td who knows but at least put the pressure on them to do so rather then settle with a fg to put the game out of the fingers of the bills. Settling for this guy isnt something I want to see and if they have an opportunity to trade or pick one up just for him to compete I say do it. There is no excuse, you spend a draft pick on a kicker you expect him to be clutch if he is not then you cut ties and find someone else who can do it. This game was ugly and if the bills are bringing in guys to try out at other positions I do not see why kicker gets a free pass.

10 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its not just a 52 yd fg, he has missed 3 fg already this year and an extra point. He is to inconsistent, making 66.7% percent of his fg is awful. You make a trade for one by a team that is looking to clean house on a rebuild that has a clutch kicker. Anything at this point is better then this guy. To many excuses for this kid and all you do is kick a ball thats your only job, if it were any other position I could understand but kicker and punters have the easiest of tasks to do you either have it or you dont and your not going to get better. He was inconsistent in college (54 of 68 fg) and inconsistent now. The only thing that separated him from Hausch was his leg and jjust cause you can boom it doesnt mean you can make it, which he clearly proved. As for whether or not KC would have gone for the td who knows but at least put the pressure on them to do so rather then settle with a fg to put the game out of the fingers of the bills. Settling for this guy isnt something I want to see and if they have an opportunity to trade or pick one up just for him to compete I say do it. There is no excuse, you spend a draft pick on a kicker you expect him to be clutch if he is not then you cut ties and find someone else who can do it. This game was ugly and if the bills are bringing in guys to try out at other positions I do not see why kicker gets a free pass.

Bojorquez has had a few bad holds. He isn't helping the situation for a rookie kicker. Bass isn't the problem right now. Does he need to be better? Yes. But he is far down the list on who deserves blame for how this team has looked this season.

Edited by Billsfaninptown
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Bojorquez has had a few bad holds. He isn't helping the situation for a rookie kicker. Bass isn't the problem right now. Does he need to be better? Yes. But he is far down the list on who deserves blame for how this team has looked this season.

He is one of the few issues during that game the top priority is the dline unable to stop the run, the play calling on defense where no blitzing has been called until the 4th qtr with 3 min left, the many reasons to stack the box knowing that the run was coming and they played back a bit. There is just no attack feeling on defense and more of lets give them 5-6 yards a carry on the run just so we do not lose out against a big play. Just overall bad defensive play but then you have the defense step up get a fumble before half then the bills make a smart move going short pass to get in fg range rather then allen force a deep pass in hopes of a hail mary for a td, which should have been done had they known the kicker is incapable of making a fg. So I am not claiming Bass as the major issue I am claiming he is part of the issue. Down the road the kicker can make or break us on playoff positioning or even making the playoffs. IN close games you have to make those kicks no matter what or you lose every time. I am just not sold on this guy and until he can consistently make fg anything said will not change my mind. Again you either have it or you dont with kicking. He has shown at the college level and now the nfl level he is not consistent.