Quarterback of the Future

pwny

Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?

• Someone currently on the roster
    • A big name Free Agent/traded for QB
    • A journeyman Free Agent/traded for QB
    • First round Rookie QB
    • Second round or later Rookie QB

The incumbents:

• Gardner Minshew
  • Mike Glennon
  • Jake Luton

The [potential] Free Agents:

• Dak Prescott
  • Philip Rivers
  • Jacoby Brissett
  • Mitch Trubisky
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Tyrod Taylor
  • Cam Newton
  • Jee Flacco

The [potential] Draft Class:

• Trevor Lawrence
  • Justin Fields
  • Trey Lance
  • Zach Wilson
  • Jamie Newman
  • Brock Purdy
  • Kyle Trask
  • Sam Ehlinger
Edited by pwny

Really all hinges on draft position, but with our ammo I think worst case we make a move for someone.

As of right now, with thinking we end up in the 4-8 range, I'm going to go with Lance as far as who I think it'll be.

An FA makes no sense.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Really all hinges on draft position, but with our ammo I think worst case we make a move for someone.

As of right now, with thinking we end up in the 4-8 range, I'm going to go with Lance as far as who I think it'll be.

An FA makes no sense.

Im thinking minshew starts the year as the starter and then it depends how Lance picks up the offense not to mention hes played 1 year and 1 game so very much raw

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Im thinking minshew starts the year as the starter and then it depends how Lance picks up the offense not to mention hes played 1 year and 1 game so very much raw

For sure. No reason to rush a rookie with Minshew in the fold. He's not the franchise QB answer but he's definitely a guy that can start/hold it down for now.

Don’t think anyone has any shot of beating out the Jets for the top pick.

A Greg Roman/Justin Fields combo seems like a perfect match. Roman has ties to Dave and Baalke and his style is perfect for Fields. Fields went to Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell’s youth camp and has liked posts on Twitter about playing for the Jags. I could easily see the Jags falling in love with him.

4 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Don’t think anyone has any shot of beating out the Jets for the top pick.

A Greg Roman/Justin Fields combo seems like a perfect match. Roman has ties to Dave and Baalke and his style is perfect for Fields. Fields went to Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell’s youth camp and has liked posts on Twitter about playing for the Jags. I could easily see the Jags falling in love with him.

Fields is my favorite option for us at this point in time so if we're in position for him I'm all for it. I just think that there's too many QB needy teams and ultimately we'll be picking too far down.

You have the Jets (Lawrence), Washington (Haskins experiment is completely over so they're definitely going to be in the market), Giants (do they move on from Jones who hasn't had a passing TD since week 1?), Falcons (new regime, Ryan is 35, they're likely picking top 5-8) as teams who I see as definite possibilities who will be picking right around in our range and very likely higher.

Than teams like Minnesota, Denver, and Detroit who could too and still may surprise as far as draft position.

That's why, unless Lance has a meteoric rise due to traits/potential, I think he could fall to us because there is some legit prospects that teams may opt for with the "safe" label like Sewell, Chase, Parsons, etc.

This team is going to win at least 2-3 more games this year, so y'all need to brace for that (expecting one of those tomorrow).

I don't see us picking higher than #5 at best truthfully. The Jets, Giants, Washington, and Atlanta are so bad. I'm sure one or two others probably have a bad run too.

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This team is going to win at least 2-3 more games this year, so y'all need to brace for that (expecting one of those tomorrow).

I don't see us picking higher than #5 at best truthfully. The Jets, Giants, Washington, and Atlanta are so bad. I'm sure one or two others probably have a bad run too.

I don’t know how you can look at this team and think that.