Quarterback of the Future

pwny

Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?

• Someone currently on the roster
    • A big name Free Agent/traded for QB
    • A journeyman Free Agent/traded for QB
    • First round Rookie QB
    • Second round or later Rookie QB

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

And yet when i brought lance up as potentially better then lawrence 😏

The same guy who said he hadn't even watched Lance but viewed him as the top guy strictly due to stats.

No idea why we'd question that.

11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

yes but even then there were multiple scouting reports out there ;)

I can go and look at stats/scouting reports too...

Touting yourself for being able to share other people's thoughts as your own and then bringing it up as a bragging point for saying you were ahead of others is bold lol.

Either way, at this point we still have a full season of Fields to watch. There's no way I'm taking Lance over Lawrence. He has some possible ground to be put over Fields due to his offense being more pro style/pro ready than Fields but I still don't know that I'm putting him over him.

Either way, should be a good year to need a QB and picking top 3-5.

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Meh.  Rather get lawrence or lance.....something about osu qbs not really paning out as starters.  Im trying not to scout the helmet but its a tiebreaker.

Agreed. You look at Wilson out of Wisconsin, Watson out of Clemson, Mahomes out of Texas Tech, etc. and it's definitely about getting the guy coming from the school that has shown it can develop pro level QBs.

Always scout the school and not the player. Always.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Agreed. You look at Wilson out of Wisconsin, Watson out of Clemson, Mahomes out of Texas Tech, etc. and it's definitely about getting the guy coming from the school that has shown it can develop pro level QBs.

Always scout the school and not the player. Always.

That Metz kid at Wisconsin looked legit yesterday but im not sure what year he is. 

Fields is a slightly bigger watson.

Lance is similiar to luck.  

I think luck is/was better then watson at this point.  

https://nflupdate.co/trevor-lawrence-on-returning-for-a-senior-season-well-just-have-to-see-how-things-unfold/

A few months ago when everyone was penciling us in for the number 1 pick, Lawrence said he was going to graduate this year and was planning on this being his last year at Clemson. Now that NY is in the driver’s seat, he’s not committing to coming out.

Probably reading too much into this but I thought it was funny none the less. Also found it interesting that he mentioned playing close to home, which has to be us at or Atlanta.

I don’t think it’s too crazy to assume that a southern boy from a small southern town would like to play in Jax?

Edited by Chops013
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

https://nflupdate.co/trevor-lawrence-on-returning-for-a-senior-season-well-just-have-to-see-how-things-unfold/

A few months ago when everyone was penciling us in for the number 1 pick, Lawrence said he was going to graduate this year and was planning on this being his last year at Clemson. Now that NY is in the driver’s seat, he’s not committing to coming out.

Probably reading too much into this but I thought it was funny none the less. Also found it interesting that he mentioned playing close to home, which has to be us at or Atlanta.

I don’t think it’s too crazy to assume that a southern boy from a small southern town would like to play in Jax?

Probably reading too much into it truthfully, guys don't usually come out saying they're leaving until the season ends. They usually say stuff like he does here I feel like.

He's going to go to a trash team regardless (whether it's Jets, us, Washington, etc.). So I don't think that will have much impact. if he waits a year it'll be another terrible team at #1. Doubt he chances injury/ability to make $ asap. 

I do think he'd probably like JAX based on what I've read. Seems like he'd rather be in a small or medium sized city than a place like New York.

Things are starting to shape up pretty well for the Jags ending up with at least one of the top 2 picks in the draft.  It doesn't look like much is going to stop the Jets from going winless but miracles do happen I guess.  You have to think the Giants will be able to beat up on at least one or maybe even two of their division opponents.  That NFC East is brutally bad this year.  1-15 should guarantee a Top 2 pick, IMO.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:10 PM, Chops013 said:

I'd sure take it over New York.  New York was a dump before everything that took place this summer.  It has to be an absolute disaster area now.  Who would want to play there unless they are used to living in the "concrete jungle?"  I grew up in Minneapolis and I know I sure wouldn't want to play and live in NYC. 

Another thing to consider is that they just drafted Sam Darnold high in the first round 3 years ago and it looks like they have already ruined him.  Again, you have to ask "who would want to go and play for the Jets if you have any other options?"

Edited by Uncle Buck

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Things are starting to shape up pretty well for the Jags ending up with at least one of the top 2 picks in the draft.  It doesn't look like much is going to stop the Jets from going winless but miracles do happen I guess.  You have to think the Giants will be able to beat up on at least one or maybe even two of their division opponents.  That NFC East is brutally bad this year.  1-15 should guarantee a Top 2 pick, IMO.

We'll end up picking 4th.

#BecauseJaguars

This happens every year. Literally every single time that a QB is projected to go #1, people start playing the game that a guy might be unwilling to play for the team lined up to be #1. 

And the Jets don’t play in NYC, nor do they *have* to live in NYC. And we’ve been a bigger disaster than the Jets, and have ruined every first round QB we’ve drafted as well. The only reason a player would opt out of playing for the Jets and want to go here is if he was scared of the spotlight. And in that case, I’ll pass too. 

• Like 1