Quarterback of the Future

pwny

Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?

• Someone currently on the roster
    • A big name Free Agent/traded for QB
    • A journeyman Free Agent/traded for QB
    • First round Rookie QB
    • Second round or later Rookie QB

10 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He is a stud. The throw before that was ridiculous too. 

Yeah. This is normal Zach Wilson stuff. So it's not like I'm surprised...it's just so consistent.

(Also, I'm not talking about being swayed at 1.1, this is only as far as 1.2 goes).

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah. This is normal Zach Wilson stuff. So it's not like I'm surprised...it's just so consistent.

(Also, I'm not talking about being sway at 1.1, this is only as far as 1.2 goes).

I know lol 

As the draft process goes on, Wilson will pass Fields. 

Either way, we are guaranteed Lawrence or Wilson. Feels good.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I know lol 

As the draft process goes on, Wilson will pass Fields. 

Either way, we are guaranteed Lawrence or Wilson. Feels good.

For some reason I still feel like Fields goes higher. Comes from the bigger school, been high on radar for a couple years, high end athleticism/tools make teams drool, etc.

But again, they're pretty neck and neck for me. Wilson is definitely safer. If Fields has another stinker against Clemson than I think he'll definitely pass him for me and increase Wilson's chances though.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

For some reason I still feel like Fields goes higher. Comes from the bigger school, been high on radar for a couple years, high end athleticism/tools make teams drool, etc.

But again, they're pretty neck and neck for me. Wilson is definitely safer. If Fields has another stinker against Clemson than I think he'll definitely pass him for me and increase Wilson's chances though.

Just depends on who is picking. 49ers move up to two, I'm like 99.9% sure it's Wilson

4 minutes ago, bspice said:

As a Jets fan same. I’d be happy with Lawrence or Wilson. Even though I still hope you guys win a game and we get Lawrence but I’d still be happy with Wilson at 2

I've been a long time defender of Fields and would be plenty happy with him, but if he puts up a poor performance against Clemson it's going to be hard for me to to defend a take of him over Wilson with this NW and Indiana game on top of it. It's all about projection with Fields but the risk just feels greater if he caps it off with another down game.

Either way, watching Wilson continue to do his thing tonight...happy we decided to bottom out this year of all years.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just depends on who is picking. 49ers move up to two, I'm like 99.9% sure it's Wilson

Yeah, lot of reports seem to suggest it's all over the map as far as QB2 goes based on who you talk to. But Wilson would be a perfect fit in that SF offense, so...

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, lot of reports seem to suggest it's all over the map as far as QB2 goes based on who you talk to. But Wilson would be a perfect fit in that SF offense, so...

They already run a ton of the same concepts at BYU, so logically it definitely is in line. 

Going back and watching some Fields today...

Clear as day the main issue with pretty much everything is holding onto the ball to long. Saw a PFF stat that his average time to throwing is 3.07 seconds. When blitzed it goes up to 3.20+ seconds. For comparisons sake, the longest a QB holds the ball in the NFL is Josh Allen at 2.8 seconds. Idk if that's something that he does because that's how Ryan Day has it set up/scheme, but so often is a mistake by just holding onto it too long.

It's also wild just how good he is at either escaping or lessening the hit from the first defender when he takes off. Think that's going to be great as far as staying healthy while having the running ability as a big part of his game like Watson/Kyler/Josh Allen.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Also @pwny, I'm seeing some of what you mean about hitting the guy exactly where he is rather than in a way that allows the player to be able to immediately do something with it/in stride. It's interesting...

It’s my biggest concern, and I see no one discussing it. The holding onto the ball stuff, you can at least put some of that on the vertical offense that Day runs. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s my biggest concern, and I see no one discussing it. The holding onto the ball stuff, you can at least put some of that on the vertical offense that Day runs. 

It doesn't make sense. Most of the time he puts it RIGHT on the receiver/great spot to catch it. So it clearly isn't an accuracy thing.