Sign in to follow this  
pwny

Quarterback of the Future

Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?

• Someone currently on the roster
    • A big name Free Agent/traded for QB
    • A journeyman Free Agent/traded for QB
    • First round Rookie QB
    • Second round or later Rookie QB

12 minutes ago, pwny said:

This happens every year. Literally every single time that a QB is projected to go #1, people start playing the game that a guy might be unwilling to play for the team lined up to be #1. 

And the Jets don’t play in NYC, nor do they *have* to live in NYC. And we’ve been a bigger disaster than the Jets, and have ruined every first round QB we’ve drafted as well. The only reason a player would opt out of playing for the Jets and want to go here is if he was scared of the spotlight. And in that case, I’ll pass too. 

If he is scared of the spotlight, that is a good point.  At the same time, it's a lot nicer living in Jacksonville than New York City for a multitude of non-football reasons. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

This happens every year. Literally every single time that a QB is projected to go #1, people start playing the game that a guy might be unwilling to play for the team lined up to be #1. 

And the Jets don’t play in NYC, nor do they *have* to live in NYC. And we’ve been a bigger disaster than the Jets, and have ruined every first round QB we’ve drafted as well. The only reason a player would opt out of playing for the Jets and want to go here is if he was scared of the spotlight. And in that case, I’ll pass too. 

Yeah, this is just normal random speculation with no merit imo.

Truthfully wouldn't shock me if he'd prefer JAX since he's from rural GA. He seems like the type of person that wouldn't love NYC but as you said he doesn't have to actually live there. But from a personality standpoint and being closer to home, could see the appeal but if we don't pick ahead of NYJ it's a moot point. Not like he would ever threaten New York on not being willing to play there and force his way here of all places lol.

Don't see him being the type of person to do that in general based on what I've read anyways.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If he is scared of the spotlight, that is a good point.  At the same time, it's a lot nicer living in Jacksonville than New York City for a multitude of reasons. 

Have you seen the Hamptons? Jacksonville is not a better place to live for someone with money than NYC or their choice of surrounding areas. 

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

Have you seen the Hamptons? Jacksonville is not a better place to live for someone with money than NYC or their choice of surrounding areas. 

The Hamptons is a beautiful area - 6 months of the year. 

It really depends on the person. Personally, if I had $ I'd love NYC.

I know plenty of people that would be the opposite even with the means to pull it off though too. It really just depends on what's important to said person/what type of lifestyle they want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

It really depends on the person. Personally, if I had $ I'd love NYC.

I know plenty of people that would be the opposite even with the means to pull it off though too. It really just depends on what's important to said person/what type of lifestyle they want.

Exactly.  I guess I'm just not a big city person.  I'd rather live in Green Bay year round than New York City, and coming from a Vikings fan, that's saying a LOT.  xD

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, this is just normal random speculation with no merit imo.

Truthfully wouldn't shock me if he'd prefer JAX since he's from rural GA. He seems like the type of person that wouldn't love NYC but as you said he doesn't have to actually live there. But from a personality standpoint and being closer to home, could see the appeal but if we don't pick ahead of NYJ it's a moot point. Not like he would ever threaten New York on not being willing to play there and force his way here of all places lol.

Don't see him being the type of person to do that in general based on what I've read anyways.

Yeah, he could certainly prefer a non-big city lifestyle. That’s not out of the realm of possibilities. But like the choices isn’t rural Jacksonville beach vs downtown Manhattan. Eli Manning lives in The Hamptons, which is like the perfect suburban utopia. Sam Darnold lives in Jersey City. There’s a bunch of small towns close by that he could also live in. Regardless of the city type he prefers, the tristate area offers every accommodation he might want. 

• Like 2

I’m also not saying that if we’re picking ahead of him that “obviously he’d force his way out to go to NYC” either.

If he’s forcing his way out of either situation, it’s going to be to go to a place where he thinks the franchise can be built stable around him, or to a larger market (than Jacksonville). Rural life isn’t going to do it, because there’s options for rural life around the big city. 

But again, the idea that he would force his way out carries as much merit as the rumors that Burrow would refuse to play for the Bengals, or that (prior to the injury) Tua would avoid being a Dolphin, or that Kyler wouldn’t play for a team that just torpedoed a first round QBs’ career the season prior, or that Mayfield would be too big of a personality to want to play for the Browns, or that Winston wouldn’t play for the Bucs, or that Luck would be too scared to play in Manning’s shadow. 

Get a top-2 pick and you ensure you have a franchise QB for the next decade imo.

Please don't being up Trask and Mac Jones with Wilson again.

I may or may not meet Trevor this month, so imma definitely talk up Jax to him

you're welcome everyone

• Like 1

15 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Please don't being up Trask and Mac Jones with Wilson again.

watch his delivery....its not ideal especially for a guy whos already had shoulder surgery once. i dont want the mobile version of chad pennington

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

watch his delivery....its not ideal especially for a guy whos already had shoulder surgery once. i dont want the mobile version of chad pennington

Good lord lol, you literally just mentioned Pennington?

You do you.