Week 6 GDT: WTF Team at NYG. Ugh, why?

turtle28

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, we’ve been getting sacks. Chase nearly had two today. The issue is teams are getting the ball out quickly because our LBs and Safety’s can’t cover. 

Wait, have we actually been getting them? I feel like that's 2 in 2 weeks.

Positives:

Da'Ron Payne played one of his best games as a pro.

Montez Sweat has been our most consistent D-lineman and is having the best year of anyone on our D-Line

I thought McKissic had a decent game today. He might be our best inside runner.

Neutral:

I think Kyle Allen has shown why he was put in instead of Haskins. He's not starter level because of the awful turnovers, but he made a lot of 3rd and 4th down conversions to extend drives.

Negatives:

It's disappointing to see both 4th round rookies not being able to stay on the field.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Going for two points was an awful call. It's not like the team was huge underdogs and playing the Chiefs or Steelers here. Rivera talked about QB awareness with Haskins' but coaches need to have awareness too.

Especially given how the Giants could not move the ball in the second half.  They were quite awful in the second half.  Going for the win there may have had the opposite effect that Rivera intended.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Neutral:

I think Kyle Allen has shown why he was put in instead of Haskins. He's not starter level because of the awful turnovers, but he made a lot of 3rd and 4th down conversions to extend drives.

Yeah agree. A big difference? I'm not entirely sure Dwayne can make those two TD throws Kyle did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I moved in when I got here lol.  I haven't been an optimist since the turn of the last decade with this team. 

In fact, Naptown is our Activities Director in the Cave. See him for raffles, dances, mixers, happy hours, lottery tickets, and for the introductory price on the 800 count sheets that are required.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah agree. A big difference? I'm not entirely sure Dwayne can make those two TD throws Kyle did.

Last time Haskins played the Giants, he put up a 12/15 for 133 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs line. In a half. 143 passer rating, 93 total QBR. Are we really thinking he can’t have done what Allen did today?

Maybe they’d say “not in this offense,” but good lord...that’s on them.

• Like 2

Just now, e16bball said:

Last time Haskins played the Giants, he put up a 12/15 for 133 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs line. In a half. 143 passer rating, 93 total QBR. Are we really thinking he can’t have done what Allen did today?

Maybe they’d say “not in this offense,” but good lord...that’s on them.

TO be clear, I said Allen made two throws I'm not sure Haskins could make. Haskins could have done other things today better than allen did poorly.

• Like 2