Week 6 GDT: WTF Team at NYG. Ugh, why?

turtle28

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

*Edit* 

Dwaynes numbers from the game he was benched after.

32-45 for 314 yards. 0 TD 0 INT 0 Total Turnovers 

BOTH games we lost

No hypocrisy here. 

Yes, but Dwayne got the benefit of facing the soft and toothless Ravens defense, whereas Kyle had to stare down the ferocious Giants.

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yes, but Dwayne got the benefit of facing the soft and toothless Ravens defense, whereas Kyle had to stare down the ferocious Giants.

Well, it sounds like it was made more ferocious by deciding against blocking their players?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

I think Kyle Allen has shown why he was put in instead of Haskins. He's not starter level because of the awful turnovers, but he made a lot of 3rd and 4th down conversions to extend drives.

The 2 turnovers and the one horrendous sack didn't help my opinion of him.  But sure, the offense moved the ball a bit more consistently which was nice.  Honestly though, if you subtract the turn overs, I think we just saw Kyle Allen's ceiling.  

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

The 2 turnovers and the one horrendous sack didn't help my opinion of him.  But sure, the offense moved the ball a bit more consistently which was nice.  Honestly though, if you subtract the turn overs, I think we just saw Kyle Allen's ceiling.  

If we take out all of his bad plays, his ceiling is a meh backup, maybe an okay game manager? Am I misinterpreting this? (honestly asking)

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

If we take out all of his bad plays, his ceiling is a meh backup, maybe an okay game manager? Am I misinterpreting this? (honestly asking)

Nope. You're spot on. His ceiling is the "guy who knows your offense well, and can play in a pinch if the starter needs to be out for a short period of time...but is NOT the guy you want as your long term starter"

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nope. You're spot on. His ceiling is the "guy who knows your offense well, and can play in a pinch if the starter needs to be out for a short period of time...but is NOT the guy you want as your long term starter"

So, they took out the guy who had the upside for the "welp I guess we go to [insert player name here] because ... why not?"

Coolio.

What ever Dwayne did do or didn’t do, it doesn’t matter, RR does not want Dwayne Haskins to be the QB of this team! Said he wants Dwayne to continue to develop (what else is he going to say) his skills but he will be taking those skills to another team! Dwayne has the talent but he either doesn’t like Dwayne’s work habits, attitude , character whatever it is he doesn’t want him here. I know he didn’t draft him but you can see the difference the way Ron talks about Dwayne and Kyle after a game. He has a serious bias towards Kyle. It will be interesting on how this plays out. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Woz said:

Correct, that is my point.  He did show he can manage the offense and make some throws, but I think that is his ceiling which yes is essentially game manager.