Week 6 GDT: WTF Team at NYG. Ugh, why?

turtle28

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Correct, that is my point.  He did show he can manage the offense and make some throws, but I think that is his ceiling which yes is essentially game manager. 

I mean, if we’re being fair, we have to acknowledge that Allen is not the worst QB who ever lived. He’s not Peterman. He can do some positive things for you, like you say. 

It’s incomprehensible to me that they pulled the plug on Haskins after FOUR GAMES to force him onto the field — but Allen is someone who will probably be around the NFL for a while as a backup/spot starter. I personally think he’ll be our starter for the next 26 games, barring injury. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I mean, if we’re being fair, we have to acknowledge that Allen is not the worst QB who ever lived. He’s not Peterman. He can do some positive things for you, like you say. 

It’s incomprehensible to me that they pulled the plug on Haskins after FOUR GAMES to force him onto the field — but Allen is someone who will probably be around the NFL for a while as a backup/spot starter. I personally think he’ll be our starter for the next 26 games, barring injury. 

Just for discussions sake.......do you think we forgo QB in the draft this year, or do you think whoever we draft is going to sit the majority of next year?  I guess also include in that what round you think they take a QB?

2 hours ago, Woz said:

So, they took out the guy who had the upside for the "welp I guess we go to [insert player name here] because ... why not?"

Coolio.

Took out a Jamarcus Russell clone that gobbled up stats during garbage time against practice squad call ups (like with the Ravens). For a guy that threw a pick. Then went on a 13-15 for 155yd tear and nearly won/tied a game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Took out a Jamarcus Russell clone that gobbled up stats during garbage time against practice squad call ups (like with the Ravens). For a guy that threw a pick. Then went on a 13-15 for 155yd tear and nearly won/tied a game.

Against a team that prior to today had not won a game all season.

Oh, and we're also forgetting the sack/fumble that necessitated Washington needing the late drive to nearly win/tie the game.

Color me impressed!

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Against a team that prior to today had not won a game all season.

Oh, and we're also forgetting the sack/fumble that necessitated Washington needing the late drive to nearly win/tie the game.

Color me impressed!

Ah. The Sack/Fumble... 2 things Chase Young did nothing of the sorts of himself as contribution to this loss. And against the 28th ranked OL at that.

But it seems Kyle is expected to carry 100% of the blame.

Musings - in no particular order.

Where's the Generational talent  we drafted #2 overall ?

Is Gibson really a running back ?

McKissic earning some respect-plays hard.

Is Kyle Allen Cousins 2.0 or Colt 2.0

Is Geron Christian becoming a serviceable middle of the pack L T ?

Did we actually sign a good F A- Kendall Fuller !

Two pointer try- Russell Wilson- plenty of open field for Allen to reverse back right- buy time and find a guy WIDE open. That's what Wilson would have made look easy . Easy as MMQB . !

Hopkins . what's the conversion rate for 47 yarders. 80%? Changed the whole game when he missed that kick . It did seem to be some wind but not sure it was when he attempted that kick. Later I noticed the refs pant legs whipping pretty good .

Everett seemed like an upgrade- I know ---DUH !

Good to Cole Holcomb out there- He made a few good plays .

Last but not least - This will Thai happy ! Jimmy Mooreland has some serious speed . He looked like D Green chasing down T Dorsett when he passed everyone to down D Jones on that 49 yard run . We let him run for 49 ==REALLY !?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Good question. Don't know if the injury is hampering him, and he did have two very good plays I remember yesterday, but he has been a little MIA.

I am also kinda wondering. No one else is having success either though. 

Probably more the latter.

I still think he's no better than our backup.

One bright spot. 

Two pointer try- Russell Wilson- plenty of open field for Allen to reverse back right- buy time and find a guy WIDE open. That's what Wilson would have made look easy . Easy as MMQB . !

I was shocked he didn't run. 

Yes, but the word "upgrade" is interesting. Almost that he's just "less worse" than Apke lol

Saw him out there a bunch. Hopefully he plays moving forward.

Last but not least - This will Thai happy ! Jimmy Mooreland has some serious speed . He looked like D Green chasing down T Dorsett when he passed everyone to down D Jones on that 49 yard run . We let him run for 49 ==REALLY !?

Landon is slow haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

McKissic earning some respect-plays hard.

Hopkins . what's the conversion rate for 47 yarders. 80%? Changed the whole game when he missed that kick . It did seem to be some wind but not sure it was when he attempted that kick. Later I noticed the refs pant legs whipping pretty good .

Chase is there bud it’s called developing. He’s very much wreaking havoc we had 9 TFL’s Sweat has developed let’s allow our generational guy the same opportunity but trust me he’s there.

Gobson is learning. And he also doesn’t get the benefit of a non crowded box as our other amazing backs get. Gibson isn’t a problem nor does he look bad at RB outside of them refusing to ride him which this year why not don’t break him down just to see great numbers on a bad squad. 

Christian is actually coming along.

ST suck and honestly the coach is terrible just simply seeing these guys catch balls inside the 10 we really are bad there outside of our best player Tress Way. 

Also wasn’t making it to the end zone without being Russell because Peppers was def there. But it’s coming. This staff is being patient with the good players while also trying to develop other guys who we have had but never tried to see what they had. We could by seasons end look like the Dolphins last year minus all the picks they stole from Houston. Speaking of Miami I love how they are developing guys down there. They are leading a tight ship and I see some parts of that here. Maybe we can make a move or two for players we haven’t drug through the mud and actually get a good value and we can take advantage of a draft class that is loaded where we arent

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ron-rivera-says-kyle-allen-did-enough-vs-giants-keep-starting-qb-job

"Rivera pointed to Allen's statistics as enough to give Washington an opportunity to put up points and remain in the game.

"His statistics are pretty darn good. He was 31-for-42 for 280 yards," Rivera said. "Unfortunately, he did have the interception and the fumble. But, we totaled 337 total yards. That gives us an opportunity.""

*Edit* 

Dwaynes numbers from the game he was benched after.

32-45 for 314 yards. 0 TD 0 INT 0 Total Turnovers 

BOTH games we lost

No hypocrisy here. 

It’s unbelievable the hypocrisy.  And how does Rivera not kick the extra point to go to overtime? Come on dude! And Kyle Allen’s attempt to get the two point conversion was worse than Haskins’ 4th down TD attempt vs the Ravens after another bonehead decision by Rivera to not kick or a FG at that point in that game. At least Haskins completed a pass and the WR almost ran it in bc he didn’t see anything open in the endzone.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s unbelievable the hypocrisy. 

Disagree-of course. He did throw TWO TD passes and converted 53% on 3rd downs vs Haskins 33% on the season . His mobility is a plus too. I'm hoping Haskins  maybe can return later this year or be in the mix next year. 

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

I agree with this until your guess that K. Allen will be our starter for the next 26 games. I don’t agree with that. I think we’ll be at best 2-14/3-13 or somehow lucky enough to get to 5-11 this year this year and we’ll draft Fields or Lance and at some point they will be our starter in 2021.

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ah. The Sack/Fumble... 2 things Chase Young did nothing of the sorts of himself as contribution to this loss. And against the 28th ranked OL at that.

We're talking about the QB play. Chase doesn't play QB. Did the defense not play well? Sure. The loss was a team effort. However, individual efforts (or lack thereof) can contribute more to the loss than others.

But it seems Kyle is expected to carry 100% of the blame.

Of the sack? No. 

The fumble? Yes.