Week 6 GDT: WTF Team at NYG. Ugh, why?

turtle28

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Don’t tell Grant Paulsen that. He’s busy twisting himself into knots making excuses for Allen. It’s quite weird honestly. 

But he's also acknowledging he's nothing better than a backup and that we need a starter next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Is it just me? Or did we just watch a QB play the exact same way Haskins has been playing for us. But with less arm talent? 

It’s not just you. It seems the same to me Kyle & Haskins are performing similarly but Haskins has more upside. I will say Kyle Allen is more athletic & he’s been learning this offense for two years which puts him ahead of Haskins but Haskins has a higher ceiling.

Allen is better than Haskins. He had us in position to tie, or win this game.

We didn't lose this game because Allen fumbled & it is was returned...

We lost this game because Ron or whomever wanted to go for 2 pts, rather than 1 pt to tie & go overtime are stupid.

It's the dumbest decision in football...

I don't even do that in Madden...

You ALWAYS prolong the game, if you can.

I don't care if we had to face the 84' Niners on the onsuing kickoff.

You always extend the game.

Coaches the who do what Ron did, should be fired immediately, imo.

It's the dumbest decision in football.

Gibbs NEVER would have done that.

You know why?

Cause it's stupid!

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Is it just me? Or did we just watch a QB play the exact same way Haskins has been playing for us. But with less arm talent? 

Maybe? Like I commented earlier, I'm not sure Dwayne could have made those TD passes. Hadn't seen anything like it yet. 

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

We lost this game because Ron or whomever wanted to go for 2 pts, rather than 1 pt to tie & go overtime are stupid.

So if we had gotten it, Ron would have won the game?

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

No, I disagree with that wholeheartedly especially in cases when you are a giant underdog. 

@aceinthehouseIf Ron is fired immediately and Scott Turner then Kyle “Rex” Turner won’t be starting. I’d be ok with that 😂 

How can you say Kyle’s fumble returned for a TD wasn’t a key mistake that cost us the game?

That’s be like me saying Haskins’s ints over the middle vs the Browns didn’t cost us that game?

I did say that, I ripped Haskins for those two poor decisions in the Browns game.

If we’re all being honest here about everything everyone needs to acknowledge how Kyle “Rex” Turner’s fumble that was returned for a TD by the Giants was as bad or even worse than Haskins’s ints on Washington’s side of the field vs the Browns.

At least after Haskins’s ints the defense still could have and should have held the Cleveland offense to field goals.  No chance of that after Kyle Allen’s fumble.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe? Like I commented earlier, I'm not sure Dwayne could have made those TD passes. Hadn't seen anything like it yet. 

Haskins can make those throws, what we haven’t seen is Logan Thomas make that kind of catch all season until yesterday. You need your receivers to make plays too.  Logan Thomas did yesterday, he hadn’t been doing that before.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Haskins can make those throws, what we haven’t seen is Logan Thomas make that kind of catch all season until yesterday. You need your receivers to make plays too.  Logan Thomas did yesterday, he hadn’t been doing that before.

Funny thing was to me- McLaurin seemed wideopen underneath and it was much easier throw. He would scored easily .

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's the dumbest decision in football...

I don't even do that in Madden...

I don't care if we had to face the 84' Niners on the onsuing kickoff.

You always extend the game.

Coaches the who do what Ron did, should be fired immediately, imo.

It's the dumbest decision in football.

Gibbs NEVER would have done that.

You know why?

Cause it's stupid!

We basically lost because of Allen’s fumble. I mean, that was the deciding play lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Honestly, it’s best to let the Haskins stuff go. He’ll never play for this team again. Rivera made that decision two weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe. I dunno.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. I dunno.

I think Haskins can make those throws but it to hesitant to pull the trigger on them is the issue and not having the coach backing you I understand why cause any mistake and you can get pulled.I think the lack of Confidence he has comes from coaches last year and this year combined with that 1st preseason game/1st int fest game last year turned him into a check down guy.

• Like 1