Week 6 GDT: WTF Team at NYG. Ugh, why?

turtle28

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. I dunno.

What about Haskins’s over the shoulder throw to Terry from the Ravens game? It was a dime. Kyle Allen threw the ball up high back towards the pylon and Logan Thomas made a tremendous catch to get his feet down. It was a nice throw but a more impressive catch.

46 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I think Haskins can make those throws but it to hesitant to pull the trigger on them is the issue and not having the coach backing you I understand why cause any mistake and you can get pulled.I think the lack of Confidence he has comes from coaches last year and this year combined with that 1st preseason game/1st int fest game last year turned him into a check down guy.

Exactly, I didn’t see the same confidence I saw from Haskins as he had vs the Eagles & the first half vs the Giants last December and that’s bc every time Haskins made a mistake his head coach is all over him - even publicly - instead of supporting him and telling him it’s ok get it next time. 

You can’t coach every player the same. People have different personalities, Haskins needs more positive reinforcement than someone tearing him down. I was like that as an athlete. If you’re positive with me I will give you better results. If you’re all over me and all, screaming at me infront of everyone, I’m not going to respond well. In fact, I’ll be afraid of making a mistake and my performance will be worse.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, 4209 said:

I think we can beat them Boys fellas LOL

We can definitely beat them but we have to force turnovers and get pressure on Dalton. Then, our QB can’t have multiple turnovers in a game if we want to win. It’s been the same story all year, no matter who’s playing QB.

I was just re-watching some of the game on Sunday and I didn’t catch this before but on the last play of the game, the MLB knocked Gibson down at the goal line and that’s where Kyle Allen wanted to go with the ball originally. If the ref calls PI there, we get another chance and we get it about a yard closer to the goal line so Rivera may have decided to run it.

Then, he felt pressure and rolled to his left and tried to throw it to Terry but the pressure didn’t allow him to get a good pass off. I wish he had thrown it to Terry sooner and given him a chance to make a play. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I was just re-watching some of the game on Sunday and I didn’t catch this before but on the last play of the game, the MLB knocked Gibson down at the goal line and that’s where Kyle Allen wanted to go with the ball originally. If the ref calls PI there, we get another chance and we get it about a yard closer to the goal line so Rivera may have decided to run it.

Then, he felt pressure and rolled to his left and tried to throw it to Terry but the pressure didn’t allow him to get a good pass off. I wish he had thrown it to Terry sooner and given him a chance to make a play. 

Yeap I posted this earlier 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4209 said:

But look at the room if he'd reversed back to his right . Someone is wide open right in the middle.. Keep extending the play .. ! Also, watch Gibson ( awful route ) get knock off his feet right in the middle . Geez, man- a little headfake to the outside then cut inside . He might have been the target over the middle for a quick hitter . but it was played well and he did nothing to give Allen a shot .

Edited by RSkinGM

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

But look at the room if he'd reversed back to his right . Someone is wide open right in the middle.. Keep extending the play .. ! Also, watch Gibson ( awful route ) get knock off his feet right in the middle . Geez, man- a little headfake to the outside then cut inside . He might have been the target over the middle for a quick hitter . but it was played well and he did nothing to give Allen a shot .

The linebacker pushed Gibson to the ground, it should’ve been PI. We should’ve had another chance to get the 2 pt conversion after that.

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He was within the 5 yard "Chuck" zone. I think it was legal. 

True, I didn’t realize you could just throw a receiver to the ground though. You can redirect them w/in 5 yards but to my knowledge not knock them to the ground.

And another problem is that Allen leaves the pocket, why? There’s no pressure!

His first read wasn’t there - Gibson bc the LB pushed him down - should’ve been PI & and other chance @ the 2 pt conversion. Then, after that Allen for no reason at all leaves the pocket cutting the field in half inside the 10 yard line. He should’ve stayed in the pocket till people cleared and got open.

Also, when Allen started to scramble he took his eye off downfield, he had Terry breaking open for a the 2 pt conversion but waited too long bc he was escaping the non-pressure.

Hate to say it, but Dwayne would’ve hit Terry for that 2 point conversion just like Dwayne used to hit Terry and or Steven Sims on those routes last December in the red zone. Not a good look for Allen with the game on the line.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’ve always been a big Cam Sims fan. They need to give him a real shot. He has a lot of talent. 

Define a lot of talent?

Don’t you think if he had a lot of talent that either of the last two offensive coaching staffs would have started him? He has natural ability and size but his route running isn’t where it needs to be.

Look at the 2-pt conversion above, he gives the corner no moves to separate before heading towards the corner and then when he’s not open he just kind of stands there for a second before working towards the pylon but he didn’t give a hard break towards the pylon.

He needs to be more crisp, he needs to be able to separate off of fakes he gives while running his routes. I’m not seeing that.

Now, on a go route w/ no safety over the top, he can do that as he did on the TD catch.