Week 6 GDT: Falcons vs Vikings

SteelKing728

I hope you don't mind @scar988 haha. Is there anyone else in this forum?

What are some key matchups to look for in this game?

Mine are Minnesota's RG vs Grady Jarrett. Samia will be out (not a loss in any sense) but the next guy up has no experience.

Also, our corners vs your awesome receivers will be a nightmare I bet.

What do you guys think?

17 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

After that beatdown on the Vikings, how do you guys feel about your game next week against the Lions?

I feel like we stand a chance of actually winning. Would be nice to see a little run to get us close to .500 before the bye. If this team can roll off 3 more and be 4-5, I'd feel a lot better about playoff chances. Even with the 0-5 start. That being said, those 2 losses to the Bears and Cowboys sting like a MF.

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I feel like we stand a chance of actually winning. Would be nice to see a little run to get us close to .500 before the bye. If this team can roll off 3 more and be 4-5, I'd feel a lot better about playoff chances. Even with the 0-5 start. That being said, those 2 losses to the Bears and Cowboys sting like a MF.

I feel the same way about the Falcons vs my Lions. It feels like this is going to be a shoot out but you guys have pieces on defense that could cause problems for us in Jarrett and Terrell.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I feel the same way about the Falcons vs my Lions. It feels like this is going to be a shoot out but you guys have pieces on defense that could cause problems for us in Jarrett and Terrell.

Don't undersell Foye Oluokun. Dude is a hellofa football player.

Just now, scar988 said:

Don't undersell Foye Oluokun. Dude is a hellofa football player.

I don't even know who that is and yet I feel like I'm going to know that name very well as of next week. 

What would the Falcons have to do/not do in order to lose next week? What would Detroit have to do in order to take home the W? 

21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't even know who that is and yet I feel like I'm going to know that name very well as of next week. 

What would the Falcons have to do/not do in order to lose next week? What would Detroit have to do in order to take home the W? 

Falcons have to keep playing with intensity. They can play solid defense. Detroit needs to play mistake free football. Falcons finally capitalizing on mistakes from other teams.

25 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Falcons have to keep playing with intensity. They can play solid defense. Detroit needs to play mistake free football. Falcons finally capitalizing on mistakes from other teams.

Do you see the Lions offense having the pieces to compete with the Falcons D?

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Solid against the run. They compete on jump balls. And TEs destroy them.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. As Lions fans, I think we've looked at the last few weeks and are optimistic but this past week has been a reminder on what this team (Atlanta) is and the talent they have.