Green Bay Packers (4-0) @ Bucs (3-2)

Caaddy24

Just now, indifference said:

Awful. Praying this dude gets better but I doubt he becomes a good coverage backer ever. One of those skills you have or you dont. LVD had it day 1

Yep...  its an instinctual thing no doubt LVD will probably coach him up to be average at best but I doubt it will ever be one of his strengths

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Yep...  its an instinctual thing no doubt LVD will probably coach him up to be average at best but I doubt it will ever be one of his strengths

Derrick Brooks was a SAM LB in first yr. I can guarantee he wasn t good in coverage that yr.  Players develop at different rates.  A chance White won t get better, but just let s have a little patence.  And yes, I watched Brooks in his rookie yr.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

too early to tell, get back to me after yr 3.  Only question for me is if Bryan Allen was a better pick.

However, if you are a major part of a top 5 defense, can you really be a bad pick?

The draft is a crapshoot. Finding a decent starter is pretty rare as it is.

Devin White is an above average LB. Great against the run, pretty bad in coverage. But the effort is there. And the coaching and guys around him should help.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Derrick Brooks was a SAM LB in first yr. I can guarantee he wasn t good in coverage that yr.  Players develop at different rates.  A chance White won t get better, but just let s have a little patence.  And yes, I watched Brooks in his rookie yr.

tenor.gif

❤❤❤

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

too early to tell, get back to me after yr 3.  Only question for me is if Bryan Allen was a better pick.

However, if you are a major part of a top 5 defense, can you really be a bad pick?

I’m not going say bad pick just horrible value. I stand by my view that an off ball backer taking that high needs to be creating turnovers. White has splash ability FF with his sacks. Run stopping though doesnt justify the selection. Not a bad pick but def not a home run either. Long as he stays healthy and makes plays against the run ill take it. I rather have a contributor with flaws than a highly drafted player who cant stay healthy. (Howard and J Evans )

ill call it a push

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

The draft is a crapshoot. Finding a decent starter is pretty rare as it is.

Devin White is an above average LB. Great against the run, pretty bad in coverage. But the effort is there. And the coaching and guys around him should help.

I can t even write pretty bad bacause not like he isn t part of the pass defense, which as a whole is really good.

I guess, I don t understand why we as fans have to have a whipping boy.  D Smith has had 6 yrs to earn that title.  White hasn t even played 2 yrs.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I can t even write pretty bad bacause not like he isn t part of the pass defense, which as a whole is really good.

I guess, I don t understand why we as fans have to have a whipping boy.  D Smith has had 6 yrs to earn that title.  White hasn t even played 2 yrs.

He's far from a bust or whatever other negative term that could be applied. He's playing really well like 90% of the time, and is a HUGE upgrade from Kwon; which is what he was drafted to be.

• Like 1