Jump to content
RuskieTitan

Jacksonville Jaguars close their facility after a positive COVID-19 test

Recommended Posts

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30130808/jacksonville-jaguars-closing-their-facility-positive-covid-19-test

Quote

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars closed their facility Saturday after a practice squad player tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday.

The team said it consulted with the NFL and is following league protocols and conducting football activities remotely.

The Jaguars are scheduled to play host to the Detroit Lions at 1 p.m. ET at TIAA Bank Field on Sunday, and the team said in a statement they are still planning to play the game.

The team said it learned Friday night that the player had tested positive and was given a POC test to confirm the positive result.

The Jaguars have practice squad players sit together and apart from the players on the active roster during team meetings.

This is the first positive test for a Jaguars player since running back Ryquell Armstead was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Sept. 5

 

This had nothing to do with the Titans trading Kamalei Correa to the Jaguars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30130808/jacksonville-jaguars-closing-their-facility-positive-covid-19-test

 


This had nothing to do with the Titans trading Kamalei Correa to the Jaguars.

That’s a hell of a competitive strategy... like sending diseased heads over the wall of a castle you’re trying to claim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following Practice Squad players have all been placed on the COVID list:

Cottrell, Nathan (RB, Georgia Tech)

Ellefson, Ben (TE, North Dakota State)

Evans, Nate (LB, Central Florida)

Giles-Harris, Joe (LB, Duke)

Godwin, Terry (WR, Georgia)

Hammond, Josh (WR, Florida)

Hilbers, Jared (T, Washington)

McDermott, KC (Miami-FL)

Middleton, Doug (DB, Appalachian State)

Nurse, Josh (DB, Utah)

Pleasants, Austen (T, Ohio)

Quinn, Trey (WR, Southern Methodist)

 

 

Main roster:

Josh Mauro (DE, Stanford)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pwny said:

The following Practice Squad players have all been placed on the COVID list:

Cottrell, Nathan (RB, Georgia Tech)

Ellefson, Ben (TE, North Dakota State)

Evans, Nate (LB, Central Florida)

Giles-Harris, Joe (LB, Duke)

Godwin, Terry (WR, Georgia)

Hammond, Josh (WR, Florida)

Hilbers, Jared (T, Washington)

McDermott, KC (Miami-FL)

Middleton, Doug (DB, Appalachian State)

Nurse, Josh (DB, Utah)

Pleasants, Austen (T, Ohio)

Quinn, Trey (WR, Southern Methodist)

 

 

Main roster:

Josh Mauro (DE, Stanford)

Keep in mind the new contact tracing protocol. Most of these guys likely tested negative but need to stay away from the team for five days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dome said:

That’s a hell of a competitive strategy... like sending diseased heads over the wall of a castle you’re trying to claim 

or trading smallpox infected blankets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Keep in mind the new contact tracing protocol. Most of these guys likely tested negative but need to stay away from the team for five days. 

the only guy i believe we didnt have to put on it is our PS Jabal Sheard and he got called up as insurance for Josh Allen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...