Is there a game tomorrow?

theJ

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He makes that and we're a FG away from victory at the end instead of Joe trying to push it because we have to score a touchdown.

Yeah.  But they have to try to win it twice instead of just once.  

the more aggressive teams the last few years have proven that going for it is statistically better from a win probability point of view.  kicking 48 yard fg's when you have a 4th and 1 is just not a winning play.  It's a different conversation maybe if it's a 25 yard fg.

I think we need wholesale coaching changes on this team. I don’t know if it’s Zac, but the shell we went into defensively when we were up 21-0 is inexcusable. We play man coverage at the 2nd highest rate in the NFL and we dropped almost exclusively to a soft zone to end the half. Just let a mediocre, decrepit quarterback pick us a part with a banged up OL. Between this game and the Eagles game, we just don’t know how to close a game out. 

We should be 3-3 this year at worst with even mediocre coaching. 

Edited by Carson4MVP

1 hour ago, Carson4MVP said:

I think we need wholesale coaching changes on this team. I don’t know if it’s Zac, but the shell we went into defensively when we were up 21-0 is inexcusable. We play man coverage at the 2nd highest rate in the NFL and we dropped almost exclusively to a soft zone to end the half. Just let a mediocre, decrepit quarterback pick us a part with a banged up OL. Between this game and the Eagles game, we just don’t know how to close a game out. 

We should be 3-3 this year at worst with even mediocre coaching. 

Hoping Zimmer becomes available after their awful start.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Correct.  They seem to like Taylor, so surround him with quality coordinators.  I don't care as much about HC if we can get two quality coordinators free to do their thing (as in, not under Marvin's thumb scenario).

I don't know that the offensive coordinator matters much.  Taylor is the guy, so it would have to be a less experienced guy taking the offense.  DC, however, always should have been a head coach in waiting type.

9 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I don't know that the offensive coordinator matters much.  Taylor is the guy, so it would have to be a less experienced guy taking the offense.  DC, however, always should have been a head coach in waiting type.

But what I am ultimately suggesting is getting a veteran OC who, you know, actually calls the plays.  

And a footnote, I find it hilarious that Lou Anarumo just let the world know that the LB coach calls the plays on third down defense instead of him.  Talk about throwing him under the bus after the Indy game

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

And a footnote, I find it hilarious that Lou Anarumo just let the world know that the LB coach calls the plays on third down defense instead of him.  Talk about throwing him under the bus after the Indy game

Yikes.

24 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

But what I am ultimately suggesting is getting a veteran OC who, you know, actually calls the plays.  

Looks worse on Lou than Golden to me.  Be a leader, be in charge.