2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

38 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Didn’t see one of these but boy what I would do to have Jaylen Waddle on this team.

Ruggs was the dream pick for me this past draft, I think Waddle might be the guy this year. I’m a Rondale Moore fan too. 

Imagine either in the Kalif Raymond role...oh boy.

40 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Ruggs was the dream pick for me this past draft, I think Waddle might be the guy this year. I’m a Rondale Moore fan too. 

Imagine either in the Kalif Raymond role...oh boy.

Also high on Devonta Smith. Speed guys like them could really put the offense in another stratosphere.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We gonna draft a pass rusher early again?

Because that or receiver has to be pick 1. DL might be up there too, depending on how good Murchison looks the rest of the season.

I couldn’t stomach much college ball after the UT travesty today.

i would guess pass rusher or WR, yeah. devonta smith would be a miiiiighty nice replacement for corey davis, but we really need to quit ignoring the edge rusher position. i'm guessing clowney won't be back next year either so we'll be even thinner there.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Because that or receiver has to be pick 1. DL might be up there too, depending on how good Murchison looks the rest of the season.

Man I feel your pain, I let myself truly buy in to UT being good for the first time since Fulmer was the head coach and this is what I've been rewarded. And I didn't even buy so far in as to be saying "Tennessee is back" like a bunch of people on twitter and what not loved spewing just because we beat South Carolina and Missouri to start the year. I was just buying in to, hey, we're a top 20 caliber team again, that's pretty cool. Then we go in to half off of a goal line stand vs Georgia leading the game and it's like, hey, maybe we're on to something here. Even if we lose, at least we're back to competing with these teams again. Then what happens? We just completely implode in the 2nd half. Team practically gave up it felt like. But hey, I mean, it's Georgia, right? They're just better. We still need another class or two to get the depth to match them for a full 60 minutes. Whatever BS you can think of to make it feel better, but, there's not a ton of embarrassment for losing to Georgia at Georgia.

But today...what even was that? JG was awful and is getting a ton of blame and he deserves it, but more troubling than that to me is how the team just didn't show up. On the picks he threw that were returned for TDs, the effort to try and tackle the interceptor, or I should say lack there of, was just pathetic. What the hell is our supposedly elite offensive line doing? They can't block anybody in pass pro. And what's even sadder than JG's bad days is the fact that we don't have anyone on the roster that's better.

But the quit in the team is really just what kills it for me. Who knows what'll happen the rest of the season, but when you quit like that, there's often times no coming back. And next up on the block? Alabama. Yeahhhhhhhh buddy.

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

I could see us cutting Butler and/or Saffold to make cap room next year. I think Clowney could potentially be back if he wants to be. DaQuon Jones is a UFA that I don't think we keep.

WR, DT, EDGE, CB, OG could all be needs early depending on who we bring back. I personally think this is Butler's final year and WR/CB should be the #1 need.

Although, Brown and Davis have only been on the field together for one game this year and we're still scoring like 32 a game and Tannehill putting up MVP numbers, so maybe defense is the way to go.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

I definitely think this is Butlers last year as we will need money for Jayon Brown and Jonnu Smith 

I would really like a CB with some size

I know Adoree isn’t that tall but his athleticism helps him get up when needed 

Fulton isn’t tall

Butler is small and isn’t as fast as the other 2 so if Butler does get released I would like just a little more size there 

Honestly, I don't want to draft for need. Let need factor into it within reason, but mainly just get the best player you can at an impact position. QB, CB, OT, WR, pass rusher. After first round best player at any position. Build a team of the best possible players for the future years, and not just the best player left at the position you need the most.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I could see us cutting Butler and/or Saffold to make cap room next year. I think Clowney could potentially be back if he wants to be. DaQuon Jones is a UFA that I don't think we keep.

WR, DT, EDGE, CB, OG could all be needs early depending on who we bring back. I personally think this is Butler's final year and WR/CB should be the #1 need.

Although, Brown and Davis have only been on the field together for one game this year and we're still scoring like 32 a game and Tannehill putting up MVP numbers, so maybe defense is the way to go.

If it's me, I take a pass rusher as soon as I can, and a DT, WR, and OL depending on the available talent.

Our offense is fantastic, but we need contingencies for when Brown is out or double teamed. 

38 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

saffold is too good to cut imo but butler is a prime candidate. dude is just not worth that contract at all and if we trust fulton to take over on the boundary we should be able to find a good nickel to accompany fulton and adoree on the outside.

Yea I can’t see Saffold going anywhere. The left side is one of the best in the league. Butler is gone and should be. Never understand how the hell he got that contract regardless. Hoping Fulton asserts himself at least as the #2 CB by years end. That would leave Edge(surprise surprise), WR, CB, and DL as the biggest needs.