2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

45 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is a great year to need an edge rusher.
Looking early, I see plenty of guys that should be there when we pick that at the very least can rush the passer.

Maybe they won't be all 3 down players, but they got some pass rushing juice.

Joseph Ossai
Gergory Rousseau
Jalen Phillps
Azeez Ojalri
Jayson Oweh
Joe Tryon
Quincy Rouche
Patrick Jones
Hamilcar Rasheed Jr. 
Shaka Toney

As a UGA fan, Ojalari is definitely on the wish list. Whenever we needed a play he made it happen.

48 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Not saying I'd necessarily want a ILB in the 1st, but holy... Micah Parsons, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah and Zaven Collins has to be one of the most top-loaded and high-quality LB classes in years.

Lucky for us that Micah Parsons will be gone long before he gets to us, so we don't have to worry about him.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Not saying I'd necessarily want a ILB in the 1st, but holy... Micah Parsons, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah and Zaven Collins has to be one of the most top-loaded and high-quality LB classes in years.

Draft one of those guys and move Evans to the edge. 

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Draft one of those guys and move Evans to the edge. 

I would be on-board with this as long as we also signed a decent edge in FA as well. And take another edge prospect later in the draft.

Basically I want to throw all the darts at the dartboard and hope at least one sticks lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I would be on-board with this as long as we also signed a decent edge in FA as well. And take another edge prospect later in the draft.

Basically I want to throw all the darts at the dartboard and hope at least one sticks lol

Yep.
My plan would be to make Evans an edge. 
Sign Ryan Kerrigan
Draft one of those stud stand up LBs.
Draft an edge or pass rushing DT in the 2nd
Draft whichever we don't draft in the 3rd (DT or Edge).

Instant remake of our front 7.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yep.
My plan would be to make Evans an edge. 
Sign Ryan Kerrigan
Draft one of those stud stand up LBs.
Draft an edge or pass rushing DT in the 2nd
Draft whichever we don't draft in the 3rd (DT or Edge).

Instant remake of our front 7.

why do yall keep insisting we put him at edge?? please give that dream up.. THEY ARE NOT MOVING HIM THERE.. dude has never gotten a sack from the edge.. he sucks at it.. he's an ILB for a reason.. he has ZERO pass rushing moves other than just trying to be atheletic. i know he did some of that in college, but please let that dream go.. he's not an edge and he wont ever be an edge.. that would stunt his growth so much.. smh.. you think he;s gonna go for a position change going into his contract year at a position he hasnt played in almost 5 years... i dont even think the coaches would ask him to do that.

15 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

why do yall keep insisting we put him at edge?? please give that dream up.. THEY ARE NOT MOVING HIM THERE.. dude has never gotten a sack from the edge.. he sucks at it.. he's an ILB for a reason.. he has ZERO pass rushing moves other than just trying to be atheletic. i know he did some of that in college, but please let that dream go.. he's not an edge and he wont ever be an edge.. that would stunt his growth so much.. smh.. you think he;s gonna go for a position change going into his contract year at a position he hasnt played in almost 5 years... i dont even think the coaches would ask him to do that.

Actaully he has gotten a sack from the edge, 2 times last year when they lined him up there.  

And before Jayon got hurt, he was working with the OLBs and yes they were planning to use him more on the edge.

He is an explosive player when you point him in a direction, instead of asking him to read and diagnose a play, hence why he is so good on short yardage/goal line.
And....the reason people want to give him a try at OLB is because he has underperformed as a MLB and at this rate is not on a path to be resigned.  So let's give him a full shot at OLB like the Cardinals did with Hassan Reddick. Who was doing the same thing, standing up as a LB. They put him on the edge and he had 12.5 sacks this year. 

So if we are going to let him walk, why not try his time on the edge and see if we can use him there. 
Stand him up on short yardage plays and edge during passing downs. 

So his growth won't be stunted because he isn't growing as a MLB anyway. 

Lastly "SMH" dang, these coaches must be just asking him to do OLB drills for fun huh?
Again, it isn't a dream. 

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Wonder what our OLB coach could get out of Evans 

oh yeah

its Shane Bowen. 

ugh

All i know is he had 13 tackles for loss and 6 sacks playing stand up/edge combo his senior year at Bama. 
He said he loves the edge and saw himself as a pass rusher early his rookie year. 

With his ability, maybe even Bowen couldn't mess it up. 

Evans is an aggressive player. I personally think his natural aggression would lend itself well to an edge rusher. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

All i know is he had 13 tackles for loss and 6 sacks playing stand up/edge combo his senior year at Bama. 
He said he loves the edge and saw himself as a pass rusher early his rookie year. 

With his ability, maybe even Bowen couldn't mess it up. 

Evans is an aggressive player. I personally think his natural aggression would lend itself well to an edge rusher. 

I’m not knocking the Evans/edge idea. 

what I don’t have faith in is a bad coach like Bowen turning a currently bad player in Evans into a good one at edge 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m not knocking the Evans/edge idea. 

what I don’t have faith in is a bad coach like Bowen turning a currently bad player in Evans into a good one at edge 

Yeah i gotcha. 
I think he can be serviceable at edge more than a bad standing LB.