2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

55 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Ok I think I’m getting on the Eskridge train. Tylan Wallace still my favorite but Eskridge is explosive!

Man the game footage of him is just exciting.

He takes a short pass to the HOUSE (Eskridge).

As much as we run those play action pop passes, he has the ability to be a faster version of AJ. 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Ok I think I’m getting on the Eskridge train. Tylan Wallace still my favorite but Eskridge is explosive!

If we go WR after the 3rd round those two are my two favorites. Ive been team Tylan since CF season started. I've been reading about Eskridge and I like him alot. I would add Nico Collins to the list

A sleeper pass rusher to keep an eye on is Elerson Smith from Northern Iowa. Didn’t play this past season because FCS schools didn’t play this past fall but had 14.5 sacks, 21.5 TFLs, and 5 FFs in 2019. His listed weight was 245 but weighed in at 262 this past week at Senior Bowl. And from everything I’ve heard, he’s had a real nice week. Definitely an intriguing prospect.

On 28.01.2021 at 4:21 AM, KingTitan said:

Man the game footage of him is just exciting.

He takes a short pass to the HOUSE (Eskridge).

As much as we run those play action pop passes, he has the ability to be a faster version of AJ. 

I think I've seen Kiper saying Eskridge could go first round. While that doesn't necessarily has to be true, it's clear there's hype around him and I honestly could see him go day 1 too. Which means he probably won't be coming here, unfortunately.

drafting a rusher is hard. 

I looked back earlier and this tweet was right on time. But nobody from this past draft was a big time rusher. Chase is going to be a difference maker. But first year impact is rare. 

It's also odd to think we got the second best pass rusher from the 2018 draft. I think we'd all take Bradley Chubb over Landry but he isn't that much more productive sack wise than Landry. 

I just think adding a disruptive big guy to the middle of the D-Line would do wonders for the defense 

We keep trying to find edge rushers but I feel like if we just have good edge rushers then the QB will just step up into the pocket more times than not and make a throw 

Atleast with a presence in the middle of the QB steps up he has a chance at a sack or a deflection and if the guy in the middle is disruptive then the QB will have to move left or right and help us get more sacks 

It just goes hand and hand and it’s a piece we are desperately lacking along with another guy across from Landry

So many no effective players over the years in that spot from Austin Johnson DaQuan Jones Jack Crawford Murchinson Dickerson  and on an on 

That’s why as much as we want to draft and edge with the first pick, if there isn’t a real difference maker there on the edge at 22 they should look for a big man in the middle 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I very much agree with this but I will offer the counterpoint. There is a reason great pass rushers never reach FA and when they do you pay alot for them. If there is none in the FA market then we have to spend a premium pick and hope we strike oil. 

So I was looking at past drafts, trying to figure out who the Titans would have a crack at. In 2017, 2018, and 2020, only 4 Edge or DL players were selected before the 22nd pick. In 2019 it was 10.

But in the 2019 draft, only three more Edge/DL players were selected by the time you get to pick 54.

So we should be able to land some very talented players if we go Edge/DL in the first two rounds.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lance Zierline’s latest mock has us taking edge Kwity Paye out of Michigan. Eh... Guy is a great athlete but his production sucks.

His production sucks?  He averaged half a sack and one tackle for loss per game for the last two years.  That's not bad by any stretch when you play inside and out.  Plus, he had 5 QB pressures in 4 games in addition to that this season.

I hope he's available at 22.  There are very few prospects in this class I like more for the Titans.