Jump to content

2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

edge is always a need with this team

There’s no such thing as having too much talent/depth on the defensive front

I agree with you and that's why I can't believe I'm saying that. We are all weak and thin at WR and CB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a quick mock. Finished FA with signing Josh Reynolds, Ryan Kerrigan, and resigning DaQuan Jones.

1st - Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern

2nd - Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

3rd - Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

3rd - Jordan Smith, EDGE, UAB

4th - Walker Little, OT, Stanford

5th - Garrett Wallow, ILB, TCU

6th - Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn

6th - Reed Blankenship, S, MTSU

7th - Jose Borregalas, K, Miami

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Made a quick mock. Finished FA with signing Josh Reynolds, Ryan Kerrigan, and resigning DaQuan Jones.

1st - Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern

2nd - Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

3rd - Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

3rd - Jordan Smith, EDGE, UAB

4th - Walker Little, OT, Stanford

5th - Garrett Wallow, ILB, TCU

6th - Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn

6th - Reed Blankenship, S, MTSU

7th - Jose Borregalas, K, Miami

 

So I did a quick mock on PFN Mock simulator based off those signings.

 

1. Micah Parsons-ILB-Penn State

2. Greg Newsome-CB-Northwestern 

3. D’Wayne Eskridge-WR-Western Michigan

3. Tommy Tremble-TE-Notre Dame

4. Bobby Brown-DT-Texas A&M

5. Jaylon Moore-OT-Western Michigan

6. Elerson Smith-Edge-Northern Iowa

6. Jamar Johnson-S-Indiana

7. Darren Hall-CB-San Diego State

Both Parsons and Newsome fell in the mock. Would of liked to pick up an OT earlier and another WR but the way the draft played out, it was tough to do. Overall though, I wouldn’t have too much to complain about if it were to play out like this.

 

Edited by TitanSlim
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So I did a quick mock on PFN Mock simulator based off those signings.

 

1. Micah Parsons-ILB-Penn State

2. Greg Newsome-CB-Northwestern 

3. D’Wayne Eskridge-WR-Western Michigan

3. Tommy Tremble-TE-Notre Dame

4. Bobby Brown-DT-Texas A&M

5. Jaylon Moore-OT-Western Michigan

6. Elerson Smith-Edge-Northern Iowa

6. Jamar Johnson-S-Indiana

7. Darren Hall-CB-San Diego State

Both Parsons and Newsome fell in the mock. Would of liked to pick up an OT earlier and another WR but the way the draft played out, it was tough to do. Overall though, I wouldn’t have too much to complain about if it were to play out like this.

 

I like Greg Newsome, but I saw someone that he would be best in a zone based defense. Not that he can't play man, but a zone heavy defense would be best suited for him.

We are trending towards a majority man defense. 


Love Tommy tremble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I like Greg Newsome, but I saw someone that he would be best in a zone based defense. Not that he can't play man, but a zone heavy defense would be best suited for him.

We are trending towards a majority man defense. 


Love Tommy tremble. 

Even if that’s the case, Newsome is too talented to not take if he’s there in the 2nd. Like you said, it’s not like he’s bad or completely overmatched in man defense.
 

Honestly though, it played out differently in that mock, but I think Asante Samuel Jr. is going to be the guy for us. He fits everything we’re looking at with our CBs in our defense. He can start day one in the nickel and move to the potentially move to the outside spot in the future. Learning from a vet with a similar build and make up in Jenkins would be a nice benefit for him too. Plus it doesn’t hurt that our head coach played with and our GM was a scout for the team that drafted his.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I like Greg Newsome, but I saw someone that he would be best in a zone based defense. Not that he can't play man, but a zone heavy defense would be best suited for him.

We are trending towards a majority man defense. 


Love Tommy tremble. 

I somehow agree with this, he might be able to play man, but looks to me more suited in zone coverage, at least right now.

FWIW, other than Horn, I've also fell in love big, big, big time with Kelvin Joseph, if we're talking CBs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i think it's probably quite unlikely that kyle pitts falls to us....but if he does....i'm taking him without a second thought.

Funny you said that because last night I was thinking about how I’d almost be willing to trade up if he fell to a certain point. Dude is difference maker and bonafide stud.

It’d almost feel like killing two birds with one stone drafting him, addressing our TE and WR spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that his word is the bible, but this is something I'm seeing more and more. I've seen people say he is very raw, inconsistent with his pad level and doesn't play the run particurally strong. 

Sapp also thought that Myle Garrett wasn't that good. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would understand being hesitant to spend a first on Barmore. He looked like a first rounder in the playoffs, but he wasn’t that good throughout.

And there are a lot of other really good DLs in this class.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i highly doubt the rest of the nfl is stupid enough to let devonta smith fall to 22, but if they are i hope we aren't stupid enough to let him fall farther lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i highly doubt the rest of the nfl is stupid enough to let devonta smith fall to 22, but if they are i hope we aren't stupid enough to let him fall farther lol

Yeah, that won't happen. One sure could hope, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 615finest said:

 

 

Smith said he currently weighs 170. I could honestly see him being pushed down teams boards because of it. But I’d take him at 22 in a heart beat 

I don't even wanna get my hopes up about the possibility of Smith being there at 22, but it'd obviously be a homerun pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...