2021 College Football/NFL Draft Thread

ttitansfan4life

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

We have more pressing needs defensively, but having Kadarius Toney’s speed, playmaking ability and versatility to go with AJ Brown and Corey Davis would be *chef’s kiss*.

We definitely need more WR help if we don't find a way to keep Davis (which I doubt).  I wouldn't be mad at a second rounder, so long as our first is a DL/Edge.

An interior OL is a big need as well, and I'd hate to spend less than a third for that.

Ideally, in my head, the draft works like this:

1. Edge

2. WR

3. OL

4. Best available defensive player (Ideally another DL or a LB)

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We definitely need more WR help if we don't find a way to keep Davis (which I doubt).  I wouldn't be mad at a second rounder, so long as our first is a DL/Edge.

An interior OL is a big need as well, and I'd hate to spend less than a third for that.

Ideally, in my head, the draft works like this:

1. Edge

2. WR

3. OL

4. Best available defensive player (Ideally another DL or a LB)

I wouldn’t say iOL is big need. Studs at OG and a center as steady as they come. Sure the depth isn’t very good(although Brewer looked good against Baltimore) but I wouldn’t be spending top 3 round pick on one especially with all the defensive issues.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I wouldn’t say iOL is big need. Studs at OG and a center as steady as they come. Sure the depth isn’t very good(although Brewer looked good against Baltimore) but I wouldn’t be spending top 3 round pick on one especially with all the defensive issues.

IOL isn't a big need at this moment, but it will be soon.  Cutting Saffold in 2022 could free up a lot of cap space and he's had some injury issues this season already.  He's also gonna be 33 next season, so he's due to start declining soon.

Ben Jones is only a year younger and is a free agent in 2022 anyway.  If we're gonna get a replacement for him, we'd probably want to do it this draft and not start a rookie at center.

If it's a deep class, a fourth wouldn't be bad, but I haven't looked at the OL class much.  But it will definitely be a big problem pretty soon, and waiting until the last second to solve those problems isn't a winning strategy.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Can we get Cincy's DC? (College). 

They play with energy and some nice blitzes. Vrabel connected with their coach. Lol

I have no inside info, but Fickell is likely responsible for that defense. Dude coordinated I dunno how many top flight defenses at Ohio State before getting that job.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Can we get Cincy's DC? (College). 

They play with energy and some nice blitzes. Vrabel connected with their coach. Lol

I was just thinking the same thing. Hell I’d take Fickell although he likely is waiting for a bigger job in the Midwest though. Myjai Sanders is a good player for Cincy.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

I have no inside info, but Fickell is likely responsible for that defense. Dude coordinated I dunno how many top flight defenses at Ohio State before getting that job.

Yeah was talking on Twitter and someone pointed out it was Fickell's defense.  

I'll take any part of the defense if we can get pressure like that and hold a team to that kind of output.  Cincy doesn't have the players Georgia does and still put it on them for the most part of the game. 
Their offense let them down. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Every year, people think Norte Dame is good enough for the playoffs but every year they get whipped.

True.

But put any other team ranked 5th through whatever and they'd receive more or less the same treatment.

Clemson is the only team that can step to Bama and that's only because of Lawrence.

• Like 1